1993 Raleigh Activator 2

Great memories to be honest, I remember doin the dark peaks on a raleigh max(faired well tbh) and my my poor mate on the spacktivator....he nearlly died. What was inside activator forks anyway.....was it old fruit?

Look at it this way...
The weight going uphill will improve your fitness dramatically.
The weight going downhill will turn you into a dh legend.
It's unlikely to be targeted by thieves.
It's a genuine Retrobike.

After all, the klunkers adopted by the originators of our sport were hardly high-end bikes of their day, but with a few changes could be made into something a bit better performing.

Try upgrading a few parts and fitting some half decent suspension, I think the fork legs were originally filled with pooh, which has probably fossilised and become less runny over time :D

I remember these being a laughing stock when new but it's funny how the rose tinted glasses change an opinion.
It does bring back memories to look at it and I guess thats the whole point of riding and owning retro bikes.
As one of the first budget full suspension bikes it must have place in history and for saving it I salute you.
Good effort and thanks for sharing, It made me smile to see one again.

Activator 2

Well In maybe a moment of madness or just in a nostalgic flashback I seem to be the new owner of a very clean 90's Activator 2 :) it's funny after reading this thread that the views run from one end of the spectrum to the other, yes shoddy build, cheap components, and very little kudos in the MTB world but bikes for the masses like this paved the way for the future of MTB's even if they were rapidly left behind by other brands.
Needless to say I am looking forward to the challenge and fun that I will have with this slightly heavy, crudely built, steed :)
It will stand proud along my other Retro rides, my Cindercone, Saracen, & Orange as being part of MTB History :)

wow,i certainly started something,have fun with the activator
you will be surprised

how many critics have actually owned or ridden one?

Back