The ever elusive stop plate for Mavics FREE

Lazarus

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Have acquired a Mavic rear mech, and as per standard the stop plate is missing, I am going to make some from stainless steel :) (the little thing bottom right in the pic)

I am a qualified sheet metal worker with access to a workshop so they wont be crap. Got a pic of what to copy and will make as many as per requests in here, after that I'll not be making any more. Spread the word please.

They'll be free except for postage so ask away. I will be making them next week sometime so please get your requests in by then :) Thanks yours Laz

PS: please don't PM requests, no need, just post here and tell me how many you want.

EDIT: I am going to assume that the stop plate for the mech pictured (851 ssc) is also the same design as for the 801 series & the others in the 851 series ? Any help on this post would be appreciated if I've guestimated that wrong :) Cheers, Laz.

Attachments

• mavic backplate.jpg
    mavic backplate.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 2,291
  • mavic 801 mine.jpg
    mavic 801 mine.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 2,180
No probs Saw :) Around Wednesday/Thursday coming I'll make a post on here after all the requests are in so people know to PM the postage costs and "their address" to me. Don't know what sort of numbers to expect but after jigging up to make them, I won't fancy going back to make more. They look fiddly little buggers.

Anyone else : don't be shy, just post here, lets get the numbers in, and get them sent :) Seen too many posts already re:missing Mavic stop plates.

Yours Laz.

i'll have one!! :D :D was gonna have a bash at it myself but my skills suck!! :LOL:

what i can't understand is where they all go!!

:D :D certainly happy to cover costs etc.

I'll take one as well. I have a mech with a broken bottom pivot 'bolt' that holds the cage to the body. Apart from this - and the missing 'plate' - it's OK. Anyone got a bottom pivot bolt spare?

Oh, and possibly the 'nut' that fastens it to the cage? Mine still has the broken 'stub' of the bolt in it and I'm not sure if I'll be able to get it out.

Lazarus":1rvbbj4e said:
EDIT: I am going to assume that the stop plate for the mech pictured (851 ssc) is also the same design as for the 801 series & the others in the 851 series ? Any help on this post would be appreciated if I've guestimated that wrong :) Cheers, Laz.

Yes they are.

I've owned both mechs hands and it's definitely the case.

Cheers DB :) Appreciate that confirmation, ... didn't fancy making 2 different kinds. Take care my friend & I haven't forgotten those parts, just waylaid & up the creek right now, but get to you soon, yours Laz.

Back