Lets see your winter bikes

here's mine.

1993 diamond back response elite rst mozo pro fork, cheap wheels, mud guards (even though i hate them) single speed (36/18 i think)

just need to swap to mug tyres when it starts to get boggy

vxoite.jpg

lewis1641":1gfibuj5 said:
here's mine.

1993 diamond back response elite rst mozo pro fork, cheap wheels, mud guards (even though i hate them) single speed (36/18 i think)

just need to swap to mug tyres when it starts to get boggy

vxoite.jpg

love those frames and that colour. reminds me of my Apex :( it got hit and run'd (not with me on it though). rode beautifully in its short life.... :cry:

JeRkY":sbst1i5b said:
My winter bike tends to be what ever bike I enjoy riding. The last few years have seen.

KHS Alite team. I sold the frame from this earlier in the year and deeply regret it!

P1000370.jpg

My 1st RC100 stripped of its usual slicks and handed a set of knobblies for winter commute service.
P1010959.jpg

A Klein adept, this only lasted a short period over the winter so I guess you could say it was my only purpose built winter rider.
P1010802.jpg

And this winter as per last winter I shall be served by the bike I have ridden most throughout the year. My lovely RC300.
P1000527.jpg

Bring on the winter... I am ready!

im gonna sound stupid where the first picture taken up cholsey downs

@mikee

BrightonandHove-20111015-00104.jpg

i took it out over Stanmer park this weekend gone, its hard going with one chainring up front, but it rode B-E-A-utifully on the downhill sections. kept up with a couple of moderns ok - even with a non existent front disc :p - the chain line is crazy so the chain came off a few times (although i don't have a tensioner/guide up front)
i'm converting it to single speed at the rear (20T just arrived in the post) this weekend hopefully. it'll be my winter hack. it'll have a magura rear (which i've now found :) and disc up front.
got another FSR i'm putting some higher spec bits on for some XC action :)

sounds promising , you leaving the mech on as a tensioner ?
was trying to think of a colour that would make it look more brutal
but i'm stumped

Some quality winter bikes here...mines WIP at the moment, but will add it soon.

mikee":36bty22z said:
sounds promising , you leaving the mech on as a tensioner ?
was trying to think of a colour that would make it look more brutal
but i'm stumped

think i probably will leave it on there as a tensioner. i've just won a DMR chain guide on ebay, so will have that up front too hopefully. still need to fit my single speed out back and got a new disc brake for up front. it should be a pretty sweet (even though an eclectic mix of bits) ride :) looking forward to thrashing it around :p

colourwise, i may just go for a matt black finish/stealth finish. a bit of a mad max theme.....?!?! just feels like one of those bikes that you keep together with whatever you can salvage!

winter bikes

i've got 2 bikes which rotate for winter use:

a 2004 Stumpy Comp disc
DumfriesandGalloway-20110505-00036.jpg

and
a 1991 Cannondale SM500.
DumfriesandGalloway-20110808-00133.jpg

my previous winter hack was a

2008 Scott Scale 50
IMG00027.jpg

Latest posts

Back