The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

got some new parts.. bike is done now pretty much

35mh07c.jpg

i lose respect for anyone that has a go at people with riser and bar ends.

it is like some kinda of sheep mentality, that only the people in the know, know not to mix them. So if you do, you are some idiot and should be scoffed at, just because everyone else scoffs at it.

Obviously there are heaps of bar designs around, i doubt there is one objective truth in terms of what bars should be used when. Look at time trial bars with multiple positions.

so what if i roll with risers and use my ends on the flats and climbs for better hand position and aero.

yeah but you could get your end away with an ugly bird, and sometimes it may actually work better, but you just wouldn't.

Dxs":zuwbdkj8 said:

it is like some kinda of sheep mentality, that only the people in the know, know not to mix them. So if you do, you are some idiot and should be scoffed at, just because everyone else scoffs at it.

Obviously there are heaps of bar designs around, i doubt there is one objective truth in terms of what bars should be used when. Look at time trial bars with multiple positions.

so what if i roll with risers and use my ends on the flats and climbs for better hand position and aero.

sorry if i offended you , just owning an STS i thought you had taste

Dxs":1w56upp6 said:

It's purely aesthetic. The combination just looks wrong to so many people. Myself included. Nothing to do with sheep or herds or what the magazines said BITD. It didn't look right then, and nothing in 16-17 years has corrected that to a lot of us.

Lets be honest, a lot of people ride an STS over an LTS because of the looks - the LTS (and I'm happy to take the flak) was and is the less good looking more hardcore older sibling. It took the knocks that the STS couldn't, but the STS traded that off with stunning looks. I'm sure that to a lot of people the bar ends and riser combo spoils those great looks.

All in my own humble opinion, of course.

DRENCROM

spot on there mate
love my lts to bits , but beat me to death with my sts , its just so sexy

DSX nice bike , pic it without the bar ends
please

Back