Homemade Remote Lockout-IS IT POSSIBLE

if you can post an end on pic of the top of the fork leg with the lever on it may help people work out a way. :D

jamabikes":169nyhqw said:
if you can post an end on pic of the top of the fork leg with the lever on it may help people work out a way. :D
yeah that would be an idea the travel of the lever is the important part

if it doesn't need much movement a rubber band pulling against the cable might work

if it needs a half turn or 3/4 then it will need the lever to be spring operated

i have the old fox type on my rear shock and its the spring that does all the work

drill hole through tab on lever, cable through hole with solderless nipple either side of the tab. just need to find a way to secure an outer cable, maybe a jubilee clip? or one of the chrome cable clips? hmmmm

unless your lockout lever is sprung to return to a 'home' position when unlocked your going to need a pull from either side of the lever OR a push, pull system. I doubt a cable could do this tbh, not enough linear rigidity to force back the lever.

what may work is modifying the levers internals (or retrofitting to the top) and spring loading it so it will automatically return to the open position then set up a simple cable pull on a shifter to yank the lever across to the locked position, when you drop off the tension on the shifter, the spring will do the work.

another (easier) option is to have 2 cables running to a pair of brake levers (small 2 finger bmx jobs mounted either side of the stem?) and have a pull from either end. for this to work you will need cable guides either side of the lockout on the fork and it will inevitably look a mess!

could you not flick it over while you are riding? i could reach mine while seated by going under the bars.

Back