My 96 16" GT LTS DH, update 30/8/08

Ximo":4pi494aq said:
I like the curves of this GT!!!

Cheers, ;) , only the DH version had that shape of seat tube, there was a DS version with a plain curve on the seat tube.

Once i've built my Orange and re-built this LTS i'm giong to look for an early 90's 16" Zaskar frame to build, i think the retro bug has bitten hard :) .

Had a Zaskar LE that i bought new as a frame in the early 90's, purple anodized it was :cool: , sold it about 12 years ago, wish i had'nt now.

Eddie_The_Head":3l0ydh3w said:
And fine GT's they are to mind you have only seen the RTS most but like what i have seen.

Well, this is my other bad-boy.

It gets used all the time, so I now save the RTS for dry riding and Retrobike meets. Not that there is anything wrong with the RTS, I just really like the Avalanche...... ;)

Sorry its dirty, but I rode it all weekend :LOL:

Attachments

• DSC00384.JPG
    DSC00384.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 3,086
  • DSC00385.JPG
    DSC00385.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 3,086
GTRTS&AVALANCHE":1y4f8b58 said:
Eddie_The_Head":1y4f8b58 said:
And fine GT's they are to mind you have only seen the RTS most but like what i have seen.

Well, this is my other bad-boy.

It gets used all the time, so I now save the RTS for dry riding and Retrobike meets. Not that there is anything wrong with the RTS, I just really like the Avalanche...... ;)

Sorry its dirty, but I rode it all weekend :LOL:
Don't worry about dirt Jon that's what there for to get dirty :LOL: lovely bike it really is a gorgeous looking machine.See you have Tora's on the front i stuck a pair of those on my new LTS-1 "SEXY".....nearly finished coming on the forum soonish :cool: ;)

Eddie_The_Head":24lq2nsw said:
lovely bike it really is a gorgeous looking machine.See you have Tora's on the front i stuck a pair of those on my new LTS-1 "SEXY".....nearly finished coming on the forum soonish :cool: ;)

TORA's, bloody good value, trouble free, adjustable, etc etc, need I say more???? :D

Had this bike 4 months and I love it, oh, and the oval tubing :shock: sexy :cool:

I have change the original GT stem and riser bar to a KORE stem and GT straight bar, personal taste really, and stuck a Vetta SL saddle on. If you need a GT short stem and riser bar for any builds, let me know.

Any pics of the LTS yet......cheeky sneeky peek please!!! :LOL:

Yeah no problem (but your not going too see the new version yet my friend) I will send you a few shots of how i got it (Oh my God) is what i said but boy i think it looks sweet :D .Not retro though i am afraid it was carrying discs when i got it with no v brake bosses :cry: so stuck with the discs so it's a retro/new build will send them later on tonight when i finish work :LOL: :cool: ;)

DomLake":1cxf5kgi said:
What rear disc adaptor are you using?

Thank's for the compliment ;)

Dont know about the disc adaptor as the brakes were on the bike when i got it (Hope C2's),

Heres a pic of it anyway if that helps, the lower part bolts to the drop out with the QR passing through it and the upper part clamps to the seatstay.

rearbrake.jpg

This is the bike at the moment, stripped for a full re-build, a pile of new bits and cleaned within an inch of it's life :D

bareframe.jpg

Thanks for the reply and the pictures, most appreciated!

Working on mine at the moment too, however lack of funds has stopped the build for now. Can't wait for next student loan payment ;)

dsc00270cm2.jpg

Really looking forward to riding it!!!

O/T but what happened to Eddie the Head? Did he screw somebody on the classifieds or something?

Lovely LTS btw!

Back