My NOS Adroit to Di2 UPDATE

hova":23eqadbr said:
any123":23eqadbr said:
I have just changed a wire around and now i have sequential gearing where the front changes all by itself. I have stunned myself. watch the vid here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOZATgN5 ... ture=feedu

thanks andy

Andy, let me begin by saying that YOU ARE THE MAN! I think what you're doing with Di2, in your own home, is nothing short of amazing. Kudos to you, mate... :D

Question though on the sequential gearing though - I couldnt really tell on the video but is it true sequential gearing, or is it "go the whole block then change the front ring" type of sequential? As in, does the "sequential" aspect of it take into account overlapping gear calculations, etc? :D I would hope that it's the latter as bizarre shifting of both rear and front to come to a gear would probably not be a good idea whilst riding...

Does what I'm saying make any sense?

Im not sure what has happened i think i have crossed a wire when i was putting the wires into the frame. i rode it and it feels strange in the fact that you are in first gear and then because you drop to second gear or or fourth or fith the system thinks ok you must be wanting to go faster so it puts the chain up on the big ring at the front and it will not release the chain from the big ring at the front until you shift back up to first gear or shift the trigger to send it back up the cassette.

I think what is happening is that due to the fact that the front mech can only move 2 shifts so when you go from 1st gear the press of the trigger one click sends the message to the front mech to move up and then if you go down the cassette by clicking again the message is still sent to the front mech to move in the same direction again but it can't due to the stops so it stays where it is and so the process is repeated all the way down the cassette. now when you then press the trigger to go back up the cassette a message is sent to the front mech to say go to bottom chain ring and then when you press to go up the cassette again the message is sent again to the front mech to shift down again but the front mech can't due to the stops. so of course this message is repeated as you keep pressing the trigger to go up the cassette.

basically one trigger is acting for both front and rear but the mechs can only go as far as the stops. the ride is strange but efficient

thanks andy

Just a quickie, what do you do when you are at the furthest point away from home/ the car, and something goes tits up with the computer?

Can you still change gear manually?

Impressive stuff, but my question still stands. What happens if the computer fails, the cable gets sheared, the battery fails etc, and you are miles from home.

Is there a manual overide?

warpedboy2":276lbphf said:
Impressive stuff, but my question still stands. What happens if the computer fails, the cable gets sheared, the battery fails etc, and you are miles from home.

Is there a manual overide?

oh sorry test shimano say that if this situation were to happen then the mech would stay in the gear it was in.

this scenario did happen to me when i crashed my yeti on a downhill run and i sheared the main cable. the mech just went into 4th gear and stayed there. which i suppose is a gear ratio like on a single speed.

thanks andy

Thank god all my bikes are now done. I will get a pic of all 3 together and await my 1987 muddy fox project. thanks to all for sicking with me on this project.

IMG0014-X2.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0003-X2.jpg.web.jpg

IMG0328-X2.jpg.web.jpg

thanks andy pic of all 3 bikes to come

I have had a break through with my Di2 in regards to it has been a year now out on the trails and all i can say is the bikes and Di2 are still going without a charge on the batteries and after inspection the components are still in fine working order.

Its tells me that all this shimano electric stuff can cut the mustard.

thanks andy

Back