Nightride: 21st of October

Chippy sounds great ZZ

OCP this is the deal extreme light I have gone for, a bit cheaper than the P7s - it's not here yet but I'll let you know what it is like when it comes, I reckon it will be similar to K's though.

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault ... -set-82508

Delivery is slow but you are warned of that at the start and DX tracking is a bit odd took me a while to find my order on my account.

TK that is exactly what I have except for the box and stated lumen count.

kaiser":1ehe4ua4 said:
And just to be doubly clear!

Before 18:30 at the Buzzard( the top carpark)/freeride area/ Berm baby berm.

At 18:30 the Squirrel carpark which is the middle one.

And at 19:30 back at the Buzzard/freeride/ BBB area.

There is a carpark when you first enter Glentress this is the Osprey, no one will be there, keep following the road up the hill!

I'll be at the free ride for 7.15, look for the red Beemer, as I said not riding but does that suit for delivery mikee?

TK, that's what I think I'll get, but have been reading a thread on Mtbr.com about these lights, both the DX ones and eBay ones.
Several of the guys have commented that the light is too much of a spot with not enough spread close to bike. There's seller on eBay that seems to do one with an orange peel reflector instead of the plain reflector. According to a couple of posts on Mtbr this makes light less of a spot. Trouble is I bet that there's no way I could be sure that the light supplied will be same as in the pics on eBay. :roll:

I might play around with it once it is here, I don't like any hotspot area so I intend to remove the lens if there is one, although some can't be taken off so I'll need to wait and see what it is like.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Cheers OCP, I've ordered one just to have a play £3.50 posted, it is likely to reduce the light output a bit though as I doubt it is made by Carl Zeiss.

If it's too much of a spot don't fiddle with lenses or reflectors, PM me your address and I'll post you some frosted lighting filter that we use on theatre lights to spread beams. A small square taped on the front of the light will do the job perfectly.

Back