Neon Pink 1991 Haro Extreme - FINISHED P6

Rob Atkin":2wmknnqd said:
We_are_Stevo":2wmknnqd said:
A sterling example of a 'budget' bike punching well over its weight... ;)

Yeah I suppose so.

It was actually next to top of the Haro range (and the top one had the same frame) in 1991 so you could argue its not a budget bike. They did a load of other more conventional framed bikes lower down but still with the distinctive top tube.

Glad you like it anyway. Probably going to get a DX short cage rear mech on it when I find one (or a XT - even better) but it works like a dream at the moment.

I just meant in the context of the (non-existent) 'brand snobbery' that prompts the occasional mud-slinging, as happened in your recent BoTM thread... ;)

Personally I'd be more than delighted to have this in my collection.

That's is one gorgeous bike. Makes me want to build one now (mind you half the stuff on here does) - but this one in particular. Absolutely, bleeding, lovely. Better than that dog shaped parcel thing you had anyway... :)

Really good work Rob! It has come together beautifully, looks as fresh as the day it rolled of the production line. Now you will have to go out and get some dirt on it.

I did notice one thing from your finished photos, yours has a built in cable noodle for the rear derailleur above the front derailleur, mine only has cable guides for a piece of outer cable. I am wondering which came first and why did they change it or was that a spec difference between the Extreme and the Extreme Comp?

You also stole my idea of finished pictures in a skate park, I guess Haro riders think alike. :)

Well done, that IS a lovely bike, with a certain 'look' to it. I love it.

That stem is MAHOOSIVE though, it's bigger than any of the frame tubes on the bike! :)

Rob Atkin":2zwsxfos said:
GT-Steve":2zwsxfos said:
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I WANT ONE
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry, it's too small for you. :-D

Looks perfect size to me.. ;) :cool:

I still love it, and I still want one.. :D Amazing condition, and a great build.. :cool:

Peterpoddy":3at3iiq0 said:
Well done, that IS a lovely bike, with a certain 'look' to it. I love it.

That stem is MAHOOSIVE though, it's bigger than any of the frame tubes on the bike! :)

From the riding position the stem looks very thin - it really is a "wing" shape as they are called. From the side it looks massive.

The seat is very odd.

GT-Steve":2w7j1j4g said:
Rob Atkin":2w7j1j4g said:
GT-Steve":2w7j1j4g said:
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I LOVE IT
I WANT ONE
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Sorry, it's too small for you. :-D

Looks perfect size to me.. ;) :cool:

I still love it, and I still want one.. :D Amazing condition, and a great build.. :cool:

I thought you were 7ft tall or something. ;-). All your bikes look like they are set uP for basketball players anyway.

Anyway, it means a lot for you to say its a great build after seeing your bikes. I made sure the details were just right and I think it paid off.

Big thanks to all that sold or gave me parts for the bike. I try to delete all my PM's so they don't look cluttered so unfortunately I don't know the names of everyone.
Thanks to Spencer13 for giving me the rear u-brake.
Slimjoe sold me a NOS Haro Wingbar and stem. perfect!!
Clifford sold me the Vetta saddle as was supplied OEM.

Back