Does anyone own a Rocky Mountain "The Edge" Fully?

stratege-0815

Dirt Disciple
Hello,
i am rebuilding a 1993 Rocky Mountain "The Edge" Full Suspension Bike. It was built with an rear triangle licenced from AMP Research. Someone called this Bike "Mongoose Amplifiers twin sister". It has some kind of bracing in the rear triangle too take up the force from the magura brakes. This link is missing on my frame. can someone post a picture of the rear section to show me much details as possible?
I'll add some pics of this kind of bike (not mine) , the black part on the rea is the piece i am talking about.
regards
jan

Attachments

• e4_1_b.JPG
    e4_1_b.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 3,258
  • 2edge.jpg
    2edge.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3,258
A guy I knew had one. A red one. 1994 model if I remember correctly.

ro4720.jpg

Rocky Mountain Edge, MBA June94
ro1720.jpg

Isn't the piece for the early Shock-a-Billy similar. You could ask the SaB people too.

Shock-a-Billy, same issue
fa1720.jpg

- Melvin

Mine actually looks like this. I'll have a visit to the welder next week.
Any idea were to get this "bridge" nowadays?

Attachments

• Dsc01746-2.png
    Dsc01746-2.png
    194.5 KB · Views: 3,238
That clamp was an after market add on that did come with some bikes rather than an OEM part. It was designed to stop some on the twisting in the suspension rather than help with magura (just use a brake booster for that). Think it was made by AWP or similar - there was one on ebay recently branded as Fat Chance, not sure if its still there. Or just wait til the next (broken) mongoose/AMP gets sold on ebay for $50 and get the parts off that if they had fitted one(at least your frame is well made and won't break up after the first few rides!

at least your frame is well made and won't break up after the first few rides

Urmm, just seen the rear drop out on yours, so scrub that last comment!

I thougt about using v-brakes - so in don't get the power of maguras anyway.

For using cantilever brakes i'l have a bridge CNCed with a little "roller" for the brake wire. this ist what i prefer. using canties and have my own designed bridge with some tricky brake wire direction

Amp

I have a very similar (1995) bike by DeKerf. The clamp was an aftermarket item, although in later years AMP added one themselves, so I'd suggest contacting them for a spare. Although they no longer make bikes they still have all the spares...eg. bushings , links, shocks etc.

Gonna get mine back on the trail sometime or other, they were fun to ride.

Back