pace rc100 finally finished.

pete_mcc":2vare7eu said:
0dbdb5d8.jpg

Do a search on this site for DrS' 10 page build thread, contains a load of very good info. My three page thread is not so informative as I outsourced so much of the work!

Fantastic bike! Inspiration for my own build.

I've been using these threads for info/inspiration for my own RC100 S build currently underway. Rich's site in his signature is invaluable too.

Currently at the same stage as yourself - don't know the frame# yet as it's under a thick powdercoat grey, but now have all parts except the yellow toestraps to complete (Burkeredh had already done most of this when I bought it from him though!). Now has the original RC30 '531' legs ( thanks to Robmac ) along with RC35's as well, so can be interchanged between both options.
Got to get the rear wheel re-dished to suit the asymetric rear stays, anodise the fork crown, paint/graphic/reassemble and photograph and I'll be there! If only it was that easy! Watching with interest on this one- hopefully your progress will give me the 'kick up the arse' I need to get mine done!

Hopefully I can add to the advice from those who already have some great examples of RC100.

cheers.
boy"O"boy

Do any of you guys fancy grouping up to see if we can get any bulk discounts anywhere, I've 2/3 rc100's that I'd love to restore properly.

just been cleaning some of the stuff off the bike, can anyone tell me if this brake guide is original or just what someone used as a replacement, it is plastic, so i think it may not be original. but i'm thinking of getting 3 fabricated made out of metal. i also got one of the bullseye stickers off intact.
regarding getting the brake guides fabricated, does anyone know if this would be right for this bike.

Attachments

• IMG_4416.JPG
    IMG_4416.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • IMG_4417.JPG
    IMG_4417.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 1,295
The plastic guide is original and nigh on impossible to source these days.. I have seen some one have some metal ones made, more out of neseceity than any form of choice.

I believe gill has replacement Bullseye stickers on file.

If you do go the manufactured route for thecable guides I would be keen on a top tube and a half worth.

JeRkY":1y3ghjke said:
Do any of you guys fancy grouping up to see if we can get any bulk discounts anywhere, I've 2/3 rc100's that I'd love to restore properly.

Hi Rob. As pete mentions above, Argos is probably the best sort for paint.
The crown for my RC30's is being anodised by a local company ( did a great job on my mate's CSL paddle shifters ) and I'm going to colour match against these for paint. Unfortunately it's a one off job as I'd be taking the pi$$ if I tried to push more than one frame through. Once stripped, I am going to GOM scan the frame/stem/bullseyes/fork legs so it's on record. If you want these as Stl's ...let me know. Graphic proofs already done but I'm more than sure Gil_m has these on file. Mine will more than likely be glazurit matched as is industry standard for water based paints these days. The acetate one's are nigh on impossible to get hold of. I'll let you know the code, but I'm matching to the fork crown as Rich's pic of brant Richards riding the RC100 S in Norway. ( got that MBUK btw)
Going metallic yellow rather than neon for the rest, already got a great prototype colour.
I'll start my own thread for my RC 100S soon.... When it gets underway at least. Great to see another underway though, not only for motivation but to share the woes of restoring a 'unicorn'

Cheers,
boy"O"boy

good luck men.....the best, most ahead of its time, and noticable mtb made ever in my opinion.....a pleasure to look at your pics.....i really want one..... :D

brake guides

i will be seeing an engineering company this week, and finding out if they can reproduce the hose guide in aluminium, i will post how i get on next week, and if i can get copies made i will see if there is enough interest to get a certain amount made up.
i'm still buzzing at finally owning one of the most iconic mountain bikes ever built, and to have most of the correct parts is a real bonus.
and the day will come when i can own a dolomite attitude.

i have just been checking the wheels i got with the bike and the rims are past it, they have xt hubs which will need some new bearings. but what i need to know is what rims should i replace the old ones with ?
any suggestions are welcome.

some pics of the saddle.
the saddle is in really good shape, but cosmetically its looking very sad,
and i would like a black one for the bike. but i really like this saddle. and i think this one is the original one that was on the bike when it was new.
can these be recovered, and would that be cost effective ?

Attachments

• IMG_4418.JPG
    IMG_4418.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_4419.JPG
    IMG_4419.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_4421.JPG
    IMG_4421.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 1,166
  • IMG_4422.JPG
    IMG_4422.JPG