BoTM October 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rio":2k7e288o said:
if the rule was created so people don't enter BOTM with the intension of making a good sale, there might be no problem in this case. Obviously, it's not up to me but in my opinion this bike can enter this month's competition. It's theoreticly sold, so no intension of selling the bike, but still owned by the one who entered it for BOTM.

this is very true, this will not benefit the sale in any way. to those who do not like the photoshop picture, here is an original of the one above

Attachments

• p4pb7245646.jpg
    p4pb7245646.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 1,181
I've sold my Xizang two years ago and yet another one year back but still keep a fantastic photos of them. Both bikes never been introduced in BOTM. Can I put my entry now?
Change topic, really nice bikes this month.

I have ammended the rules, especially rule 7 to be more clear > http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/index.php/BoTM_Rules .

@SEANSTEPHENS sorry but given the bike is sold (i.e. no longer your own) it cannot be entered. Can understand why you think we ought to include it but equally hope you understand we have to be clear and consistent with the rules.

Raging_Bulls":sb36hxze said:
John":sb36hxze said:
Rule 7 is a little vague, I do need to ammend it, not sure how we can prove intention to sell :?

John,

I have been head admin of a forum myself, so I know how difficult it is to make foolproof rules.

My suggestion would be to change the wording of that rule.
"Intention to sell" is difficult to prove, unless there is evidence to be found in the forum that the bike is for sale.

That was indeed my intention, I have removed that line of text given it is difficult to enforce.

Thanks for the clarification John.

And the whole point of BoTM is to show off your labours of love, be it wall art or a rider. If you're throwing together a bike for a particular month because you want a banner under your handle, you've completely missed the point.

Removed a couple of posts from the thread. Let's keep it civil please chaps.

hope this works,fist time adding an attachment,Anyway,i have just took ownership of this 1996 Gary Fisher Big Sur,never ridden,first time the handle bars have been put in place,pedals still in wrapper,dont know whether to put together and ride or keep as it is.
And it hasnt worked,or has it.

Attachments

• photo[1].JPG
    photo[1].JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 924
It worked Cohe, but ...

Make sure you get the bike finished REALLY soon (before the submissions end, which IIRC is within 25 hours) and get some better pictures.
We can see that it's a black MTB and the true experts may be able to determine brand and type, but it's impossible to tell how it really looks.

oke doke,i just read the rules on botm,the bike is complete,just never been put together,cables still wrapped up etc,do i have to connect them to enter,i didnt really want to,and the pedals are still in original package,can i have all the parts next to the bike,lol,will try for better pics tomorrow.

Attachments

• photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 884
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back