1984 Francesco Moser TT - WOW!!

Tom91

Devout Dirtbag
Seriously awesome bike!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1984-FRANCESC ... 53e9882dcc

speed_001.jpg

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Beautiful Bike

Think the chain just needs a link out doesn't seem to have any tension on the rear mech at all ;)

I thought that era of campag rear derailleur hung more vertically and would offer some spring tension in that gear (its not even in the small ring/smallest cog)

If you pop the chain onto the 54 outer ring where it should be then the chain will likely pull the rear mech into it's more normal near vertical position....Campag rear mechs had very little lattitude. Alf Engers would have a 57 ring LOL

Shaun

I've had to remove the cage 'stop screw' from my Record mechs to allow a wider range of gearing, 14-24 and 52-42. With the stop in place the chain hangs loose in 42-16 and if it is shortened it is then to short to allow 52-21. Trouble is that when the rear wheel is removed, the cage wraps around itself and tangles the chain. Best to put it in the big ring to do this.

The dropout on this frame may also have the 'stop notch' a bit further round than a standard campag dropout. This will make the mech slope forward as there is no spring in the top pivot on a Campag mech unlike Shimano and Suntour.

Back