Kona Lava Dome 1996

very bright colour :cool:

when I saw the first teaser of the bike I also thought: wrong its a 97, as I have a 97 Lava Dome frame here, which is having that lovely green colour. And also, both, the German & UK brochure in the "Gallery & Archive" showed the 96 Lava Dome in a completly dif. colour scheme: ORANGE LAVA.

But, assuming that this bike is users "Hawmaw's" old bike, decalwise its def. a 96, so what we have here - a midseason special ?

Spec. of the kit, assuming that everything on the bike is OE stuff, did also differ from the description in the brochure - f.e: when the bike has LX shifter, the 96 brochure says Grip Shift SRT-400 instead (I know, that companies are changing their specs. in between printing the brochure and first delivery)

Never the less, its a very nice bike in a great nick and has some interesting history, which is a bit of a secret :)

spot on, I think it is a mid season bike as the colour, lx lever/shifter are the only differences in spec to the 1996 cat. Pretty pleased as the curve levers have never been my fav really. I was going to upgrade the spec a bit but the stx stuff is actualy pretty nice and I think it is what it is so apart from the saddle (which was not to my bums liking) I haven't done a lot with it apart from a good buff. Last bit arrived today so will do a pic when the sun returns in april ;)

STX / STX-RC is cpl. underrated - one of my next build will have the full STX-RC kit - love the shine of the plated surface :cool:

looking forward seeing pics. of the finished bike - if weather dont suit, you can send me the bike to take some nice pics. of it in the sun :LOL:

Yeah, it definitely doesn't look like a standard 1996 bike, looks like a mid season special. A great bike all the same.

some new bits for the kona

konasaddle.jpg

konacage.jpg

finished now so will take a few pics when the sun comes.

mate thats sweet..., excellent condition too... :cool:

P.s good to see your boy joining in the retro fun recently too, :cool:

Back