Nightride: 21st of October

Oh and my light has arrived :D will need to charge it up tonight and weatherproof the battery a bit methinks.

kaiser":1u7mbevq said:
Oh and my light has arrived :D will need to charge it up tonight and weatherproof the battery a bit methinks.

Well the light will come in handy :D

I`m green light to go :D :D :D

As far as fashions go, think it`ll be the warmest kit i can find. Wish I'd seen the repack tribute suggestion earlier, any excuse to avoid the razor`s good by me.

Think i`ll be riding the the boring old spez for the forgiving front forks,the clearance in the front triangle is probably better for this huge battery im going to have to lump around.
I still intend to get get there early to enjoy some day light, can't commit to what time that'll be. The wife thinks day off = do this, do that. I`m hoping no later than 5 :cool:

Well my work this week has gone well enough for me to leave at 3.30 tomorrow, couple of hours to do tonight to make it up but if all goes well I'll get there around 5.30/6 depending on traffic.

Tonight i tested out the idea of night riding with my On-One 456 with my commuter lights only (super lights are charging). I'm amazed at modern LED commuter lights, you can see where your going and feel safe, as long as you keep speed down. However a head torch is essential and I've rigged one up, you need to be able to see where you look. Judging stuff though is not so easy such as your speed, I rode toward a short steep hillock you need to get past in order to enter my local waste ground. Not enough speed even if I felt I was going quick enough, I failed to crest the lip and rolled/fell backward into the undergrowth :oops: :roll:
No harm done, I just hope thats the worst crash I have related to night mtb'ing. :LOL:
I hope to be at GT at the squirrel on my scoot for 6:30pm. Arriving early involves being outside in potentially cold damp weather longer than my ideal so I'm attending only for the night ride :)

Since we never really got an early time settled, the freeride park/ berm baby berm seems a good meeting place. Then about 18:20 head back down to the Squirrel. All totally optional though. Main times still apply.

3x 1300lumen torches on ma modern giant x2 for me lol. be interesting to see all the retro bike things though.

And just to reiterate!

kaiser":2ydhr3oj said:
Where: Glentress

When: Friday 21st October,6:30 at the Squirrel carpark, then 7:30 at the Buzzard carpark.

What: A mix of the red and blue

Attendees:

Kaiser +1
TK
Velo
gmac123
DrS
keithyr +2
mikee
ZZ
Rumble
Simonside
gmac123
BaronVonT
Uphillcursing2

So who is up for it? Anything you want to discuss bring it up :D

keithyr":1e4ag2zo said:
3x 1300lumen torches on ma modern giant x2 for me lol. be interesting to see all the retro bike things though.

Jesus man, they'll be able to see you from the international space station!

With regret, I'm officially out. The car was recovered today but it's in no state to drive, and I won't be finishing work until half 5 anyway. Have a good one guys.

Back