mid 90s Specialized Rockhopper

Looks a pretty good basis to build on, bear in mind many of us here are happy to guide you through fixes.
Whatever your quandary, its probably been asked before so the search function up top can be useful.

I like the colour.

thats my aim but the guy in the shop said the teeth look pretty worn front and back and im not up for spending time in hospital.

The rear casette is 7 ring and i can only find retro 8 ring xt on ebay, will this fit or do i really need a 7 ?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Don't you dare bin it. An hour with some cleaning products, a splash of petrol to remove the bad stuff, some new cables, new brake blocks and she will be fine. You should be able to make that ridable with £20.

Give it a try, worst case you can sell it on here for the £20 you paid.

maverick":ux15da00 said:
Don't you dare bin it. An hour with some cleaning products, a splash of petrol to remove the bad stuff, some new cables, new brake blocks and she will be fine. You should be able to make that ridable with £20.

Give it a try, worst case you can sell it on here for the £20 you paid.

I agree completely. a good degrease, some soap, and some lube, i bet you could even get away without replacing the cables tbh, to get it perfectly rideable and really presentable, .i bet theres no need to replace cassettes and rings, thats for sure.

I rekon you had a bloody good buy to be truthfull. :cool:

Back