pace rc100 finally finished.

day one.

ok 1st day of the rest of my life.
just worked 12 hours and done 140 mile round trip, here's a few pics to keep you happy.
now for a bath and a sleep.

Attachments

• IMG_4387.JPG
    IMG_4387.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 3,903
  • IMG_4388.JPG
    IMG_4388.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 3,903
  • IMG_4391.JPG
    IMG_4391.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 3,903
ok, before i had a bath, i sprayed liberal amounts of wd 40 around the base of the seatpost. then when i went back to it scraped the rust from around the seat tube, used a screwdriver to prise apart the clamp, then after about 2 mins of twisting the seatpost, with a little help from the wife off it came, to say i'm ecstatic is an understatement.
i kind of had a feeling i could get the seatpost out.
i thought the bike would be massive, but from crank centre to top of seat tube its 19", just perfect for me.

Attachments

• IMG_4407.JPG
    IMG_4407.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 3,893
very lucky to get that post out, as been throughout this affair recently which involved three hours of cutting and sweating !

Nice project.

I also had a right pain getting a seat post out recently, tried plus gas, caustic soda and in the end i just sent it to the machine shop who machined it out for me.

finally split the bike.

i just spent the last hour dismantling the bike. and it came apart pretty easily. and the frame is in very good shape no dents or cracks.
so how do you remove the bearing shell, i dont want to force anything.
also is it worth restoring the brakes or should i just buy a new set of maguras.
next step, painting the frame and parts.

Attachments

• IMG_4408.JPG
    IMG_4408.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1,428
Size is 27.0

Glad it came out without too much bother :)

Tended to be Suntour XC Pro seatposts but have seen all sorts including Campag & Mavic

I would try and work with the original Magura brakes, they are quite "servicable" things, if you not keen I will soon find a home for them ;)

Watch the BB bearings, if they are sound I would only remove them if your going to paint the frame. They are a push fit into the frame but you might be more damage trying to remove them than just cleaning and re-greasing

Great job mate...very jelbo :)

Good to hear the bike fits too...it looked more like a 21" than a 19". Yep as Gil says, either a suntour, mavic or campy would be good...looks like it was specced with suntour originally though...

I'd be tempted to go the Campag way...just love that kit...but whatever you decide, good luck sourcing...

Looking forward to this build!

Rich

Back