PACE rip off!

Pace have always thought of themselves as being better than anyone else, which reflected in their attitude. We recieved a frame that had never had any cable stops on it, no marks to suggest they'd ever been fitted. Pace replied with "You must have knocked them off. We are Pace, we wouldn't have sent it out without them" :roll:

Wow, Pace is getting a bashing!!!

I've heard before about their famous after care, but they do make frickin' cool components...maybe that's the price we have to pay???

*Holds RC200 close to his chest!* :oops:

Saying that, Trek have sorted me out loads of times in the past with exceptional customer service, I lost some widgets off my trek bike rack and was going to a race the following weekend...I told them this and they sent out new widgets the next day free of charge...now that's customer service!

Rich

Sorry gaf16 £29 Look at your other thread LBS Pace are in the same position a small company doing what they do for a niche market without them you would have been £29 richer and no FUN. ;)

that was my thought too jez.
i think £29 is a bit steep for a steel tube but, as others have stated, they have a right to charge what they think is fair.
the fact that it is clearly used is a bit much though.
it was not my intention to start a pace bashing thread.
however, it does seem that others are less than impressed with their back up service.
the rc36 proclass forks the steerer is for are a quality fork and, if it's £29 for a steerer, no one is forcing me to pay it.
i paid it because i like the forks. ;)

I think a price around 15 + postage woud have been fairer - especially if its been used too....

Not long before the PACE we used to know will disappear.... Frames have stopped production now in Yorks, forks get mixed reviews (compared with yesteryear) and they dont do hubs, chainrings etc anymore...

Well - just my opinion...

In the same way that Klein was dirty big tubes, massive headsets and funny forks, Pace was square tubes and british charm......

.....fast forward to today....

....both just names that harks back to past glories of a non corporate owned boutique bike shop world (I know that Pace isn't corporate owned, but you get the feeling that specialized bikes with pace forks may be the beginning of the end).

Unfortunately Pace are at that difficult age where they are now too big to offer that wonderful service that they used to because of overheads and costs, but too small to offer wonderful customer service like the big guys because their sales just aren't their yet. Alls well and good for customer service when you're only one man in a shed, or 10,000 people in a warehouse, it's just the middleground that's duff!

The RC frames were genuinely different to the rest of the market, the new one isn't anything special. The forks are the same price as Fox, but don't seem to have the reliability, just the price and 'label'. Wouldn't be too suprised if they aren't around in a few years. :?

Back