Coolwall October 2011 - Entry Level Groupsets

Coolwall October 2011 - Entry Level Groupsets

• Cool

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Uncool

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
Sorry I can't see how any sane person could call anything in the photo below cool. Its the cycling equivalent of your grandmothers beige underwear - functional yes, but only those with a sick mind would want to get their hands on it...

34oauc5.jpg

Most certainly NOT cool. If it was, then no point in buying the 'cool' brands like Grafton?

The only aspect of these parts that is cool is that they probably spurred a lot of people to find out how they could improve the wight, function and form of their bikes. I've always taken exception to the deliberately disposable nature of these parts - they are designed in such a way that they cannot be repaired or restored when worn, that alone makes them uncool.

Not cool in any way. At least the gear a level above tried to be XT/XTR lite, 200GS and below didn't even try. Non replaceable chain rings..... Come on :roll: :x

No way on earth is this kind of groupset cool, I avoided it like the plague back then and would still do so now, it's so uncool I'd have to ride a bike equipped with it under cover of darkness for fear of the shame...

Oddly though, I can see in years to come it may turn into a retro-cult thing, but it will never, ever be "cool".

stuff

you know, what gets me thinking is that most folk simply wont know this stuff now, know what i mean? so i'd have no worry sporting it on my '92 bolinas ridge(which i do) :LOL: . although not cool, this level of gear can hold it's own against similar level parts produced nowadays.

reliable though! ive had bags of chainsuck, slip and warp from more upper market equipment but his gear keep rattling on.

andrewl":222ar8uq said:
Sorry I can't see how any sane person could call anything in the photo below cool. Its the cycling equivalent of your grandmothers beige underwear - functional yes, but only those with a sick mind would want to get their hands on it...

34oauc5.jpg

The debate should have ended with this post! Perfect :LOL:

Back