Orange Clockwork 1992ish (new pics and text) updated March 2022

This is about the nicest I've seen but why oh why is it so hard to get a decent Clockwork respray, it seems nobody, not even Orange can get the fade right & even if it's close it's then ruined with poor decals. How many times have we seen poor old Clockworks on eBay with shi**y make-overs?

My 92 Clockwork project is now complete, inc Turbo saddle, original Kalloy seatpost, Hex grps, Ground Controls, M321's inc full 92 XTII groupset plus full Orange finishing kit, basically, the exact off-the-shelf XT Clockwork but buggered if I'm going to send the frame off until I can be sure I'll get a good job.

hey agent orange,

i know what you mean about dodgy paint and decals, it seems the guys who do the crappy jobs just do it on the cheap, i had argos do my "lime crosswork" and they copied the current clockwork paint and stickers although in green/white coz it isn't an orange just a homage to one! :D but they did a great job and i've previousley done original repaints on stuff for me that you wouldn't know it wasn't original. but if you want genuine clockwork paint for your frame go to bob jackson, they did all 200 clockworks last year for orange. orange themselves can only do single colours in house thats why they can't do the classic clockwork paint anymore. :(

if you want to see the work of these guys see my album, the 07clockwork is done by bob and the old clockwork and the lime were done by argos, and the stickers on the lime were copied from the 07 clockwork just with different letters.

hope that helps with fears of getting a bad respray!

That clockwork is almost perfect, I cannot believe that you are going to part with it!

Might watch out for it.

orange

Hurray, Thankfully the clockwork didn't reach the reserve agreed with the Mrs ,so i get too keep it. i wasn't goin to give it away :D :D :D :D

What was the reserve price????

I don't think I'm the only on e who wants to know...

Beautiful bike by the way- and I have to say I love the new clockwork too.

Back