Lemond Poprad

Augustus

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Ok, ok, I know it's got disc brakes, but inside this skinny steel tubed, slack angled little racer, beats a retro heart I'm tellin' ya.

She's a right goer. That slim top tube. TIG'd True Temper Steel. Daft skinny stays joined to ornate dropouts. This is the future, modern retro. Well, my immediate future anyway.

Seriously, she rides like an old bike. Kind of a classic ride. All the cliche's of compliance and smoothness of that steel and those angles...they're true!

I love her!

:D

Attachments

• Poprad1.jpg
    Poprad1.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 6,487
  • Poprad2.jpg
    Poprad2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 6,483
  • Poprad3.jpg
    Poprad3.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 6,482
  • Poprad4.jpg
    Poprad4.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 6,481
Wu-Tangled":3ii6yjed said:
I love her! :D

I can see why! One thing offends my eye with modern road bikes though - the protruding part of the stem with the pinch bolts. I love the fluid lines of some of the older quill type road (and MTB for that matter) stems...

Very nice bike though, I'd certainly not kick it out of the shed :)

And she get's out and get's dirty too...

and yeah, it's s temporary stem, and I don't like the pinch bolts either. :cry:

Attachments

• Poprad2a.jpg
    Poprad2a.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 6,467
  • Poprad1a.jpg
    Poprad1a.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 6,463
Tut Tut Gus, the front tyre logo not lined up :evil:
Very sweet lookin ride there tho...love the colour,

Beautiful looking bike there, got a lovely old look to it...
Always fancied a crosser me, found a Poprad off STW for my mate and he swears by it, rides it more than his Titanium Lemond... even took it Lands end to John O Groats !!

dekerfintheshed":1caowhmj said:
found a Poprad off STW for my mate and he swears by it, rides it more than his Titanium Lemond...

I haven't touched my XLM for over a month since i got this thing.

Kind words folks, thanks.

:D

Gus that's lovely - almost bought one myself but ended up with my Ti Audax machine although I still think there's room in my shed for one or two more bikes...

funnily enough a Lemond is about to join our household this week, a WSD Alp D'Huez, shame it'll be too small for me to ride! plus not very retro being carbon/al

I was never a fan of crossers; I have always thought MTB's for off road and road bikes for on road.....but the more I think about them the more they make sense.

I like it Gus

quite a lot ;)

Back