My 'new' retro road bike

SKoob

Retro Newbie
My dad gave me his old road bike, I believe its from the early to mid 80s. It was built up at a bike shop thats no longer open in my home town. It looks to have a mix and match of components from various decades from the research I've done. Any way, here's how she looked when I got her after being sat in a garage for 15+ years

imag0386g.jpg

imag0387n.jpg

imag0388m.jpg

imag0389f.jpg

Wheels were chrome steel and pretty rusty, tried wirewool and oil to no avail so ended up getting some alloy rims. It has Hurret derailers and shifters, Regina Corsa freewheel set, Sakae/Ringyo (SR) Silstar pedal cranks and possibly chain ring and GB Sprite calipers. The rest is a mystery to me as is the actual make of the frame so any more info would be much appreciated :cool:

looks useable enough , nice bit of family heritage . wish my dad could give me some of the bikes he talks about from his youth as he mentions ,
hetchins,hobbs of barbican , pollard. ernie clements and many others

dads bikes are always special :).. i have my fathers clements and its a joy to own :) because it was his as well as for its retro goodness lol :).. clean it up n ride it bud :)..suspect it may need a better lock n chain in this day n age tho ;) :D

Back