Retro-modern Columbus Genius road bike

That looks pretty special, the paintwork looks perfect, and modern groupset on a NOS frame is the best of both worlds imo.
I take it you mtb as well as road ride? Not from around Wakefield are you?

Yep to both, Wakey and MTB.

Still not put the bar tape on as I've had a w/e of technical fails - 2 very dead computers (both same make and both with mysteriously disabled boot capabilities on all drives :evil: ) and a dishwasher full of stinking water (now fixed). So, I thought I'd leave it 'till the gods of stuff were a bit more smiley.

If you used to ride with the Bad Brains guys from Outwood then that would be spooky, I rode with them on my Orange Prestige in 1993/4 ish :)

Awaiting updated pics when the bartape goes on :D

Woooo, spooky indeed. Yep that was me. I'd a candy red hardtail with RC30 or RC35 forks. Same red as the road bike and same tube-set too :D

Attachments

• hardisty_syncros_stem_smaller_452[1].jpg
    hardisty_syncros_stem_smaller_452[1].jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 2,983
Bad Brains group, I used to know some of them. Do I know you? I rode with Team Spirit around the same time.

There's a few Wakey members on here but we never seem to get together.

Hi,
I'm Piers (the user name gives it away rather). You might know me, I rode that Hardisty, then a red and silver Santa Cruz Heckler. I'm tall and built like a racing snake. I started ridng with Bad Brains in '94.
Should we start an old Bad Brains thread?

Attachments

• 262211_2070049627304_1126761854_2470174_3692210_n[1].jpg
    262211_2070049627304_1126761854_2470174_3692210_n[1].jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 896
I'm afraid to say that I can't in all honesty remember you. However, is there anyone here you recognise? Taken around '92 I think for magazine circulation along with a short PR writeup for the sponsors.

God, I look young - and with coloured hair!!

And ginger moustache.

Still wearing the jersey - it still fits!

Attachments

• TeamSpirit93.A.jpg
    TeamSpirit93.A.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 880
Nope, I don't recognise you. But I know the guy with the Verlicci bouncy bike and possibly the chap behind, but not holding, the road bike and the bloke kneeling down. Can't recall their names (but that's tupical of me).

Nick, yes. Did he have a Polish sounding last name? The other names don't ring a bell, but that's typical of me. You'd never guess I have a job where it's essential to know loads of people by name.

Back