GROOVY in progress! More Pics.......and a video!

Ziggy":hcuwan1g said:
:cool: :cool: :cool: Daaaamn I want one so badly! Don't know if I could take the waiting though... :shock:

the waitings not that bad, i put a deposit down to get in line for a Vanilla in 5 years.

.... almost finished, left Rody pretty free to pick a nice paintjob :) so this will be a surprise for me also :shock: !
just can't wait to see it fully build.
Roy

We're getting close...here's a shot with the frame, fork, and custom bar/stem combo.

Some brakes and then she's off to paint :D

Dhphat, the dropouts are custom. They are designed to be modular; Roy can run them with Rohloff, Single Speed, or as a geary just by bolting in a different set.

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• sexy rear.jpg
    sexy rear.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 2,138
that looks amazing - im really enjoying seeing this thread.
congratulations roy - cant wait to see the colour hit it!

Thats looking really nice Rody.

How about some cool colours at the front, to a poished and laquered rear triangle? mmmm :D

The last update y'all get before she's finished...

Here's a pic of the last step before paint, some time in the media blast cabinet.

I'm not going to elaborate on the final paint, but Roy gave me the colors white, olive green, yellow, and orange to work with.

I've got a good idea of what I want...I really hope he likes it (fingers crossed). Honestly, that is often the greatest cause of concern for me when someone give's me free reign. Hopefully my style is what drew them to me and we'll see eye to eye in the end :D

cheers,

rody

Attachments

• Roys in the cabinet.jpg
    Roys in the cabinet.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,436
Cheers to the pair of you for keeping us updated on this thread (and your Blog rody) it is amazing to see it coming together, I'll almost be sad to see it finished and im certainly jealous that when it is finished, it wont be mine :(

Out of interest what grade of steel do you use for non tubular construction parts, such as the dreaded magura mounts?

Back