BoTM October 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
ronmen":nda01ix3 said:
SEANSTEPHENS":nda01ix3 said:
another xizang into the mix

p4pb7245733.jpg

Does't make this black, gray n white picture the different finishes of the parts more even than they are ? ;)

yes it was a colour finish, and now its a black n white one

Poll up in the next couple of days, a little early this month. Be quick if you want to enter :D

Not sure about SEANSTEPHENS Xizang. Do you still have it? Is it for sale? Assuming you still have it you can enter it although if it goes up for sale on the 1st November I'd suggest that's not quite in the spirit of the contest. Rule 7 is a little vague, I do need to ammend it, not sure how we can prove intention to sell :?

John":1lfdr7do said:
Poll up in the next couple of days, a little early this month. Be quick if you want to enter :D

Not sure about SEANSTEPHENS Xizang. Do you still have it? Is it for sale? Assuming you still have it you can enter it although if it goes up for sale on the 1st November I'd suggest that's not quite in the spirit of the contest. Rule 7 is a little vague, I do need to ammend it, not sure how we can prove intention to sell :?

hmmm, yes it has sold but it hasnt changed hands just yet. i said on a few occasions during the build i was going to enter it one month, but i never got any decent pictures to use..... i know its scraping the edge of the barrell time wise, but next month it wont be here :cry:

John":1vmfizrb said:
Rule 7 is a little vague, I do need to ammend it, not sure how we can prove intention to sell :?

John,

I have been head admin of a forum myself, so I know how difficult it is to make foolproof rules.

My suggestion would be to change the wording of that rule.
"Intention to sell" is difficult to prove, unless there is evidence to be found in the forum that the bike is for sale. For instance: a topic in the sales section, the owner mentioning anywhere in the forum that the bike is for sale, etc.
That last example is still questionable though, as there is a difference between "mentioning that you are thinking about selling the bike" and "looking for a buyer".

Judging by the "SOLD. Cheers, Sean" quote, it is clear that the owner is not only looking for a buyer, but has already found one and that partial arrangements have been made.
No matter how vague "intention to sell" may be, to me it is obvious that this bike is being sold. Maybe the transfer will only happen in november, but that doesn't change the fact that the owner currently is involved in a sale of that bike.
IMO that's the difficult bit of this particular case. It may still be in the owner's hands right now and may remain so for the rest of the competition, but it's a grey area indeed.

Wether you accept the submission of the bike in BotM or not, is at your discretion. I really doubt that people will start protesting if you make a call.
TBH I doubt it'll get any votes with a picture that was obviously photoshopped, and especially not after this whole discussion. It certainly wouldn't get mine.

if the rule was created so people don't enter BOTM with the intension of making a good sale, there might be no problem in this case. Obviously, it's not up to me but in my opinion this bike can enter this month's competition. It's theoreticly sold, so no intension of selling the bike, but still owned by the one who entered it for BOTM.

Presumably one purpose of the Rule is to prevent BoTM being simply a selling vehicle? If so, then as this entry per se is clearly not aimed at achieving a sale nor at boosting the price - that is already done and dusted! - then it is not breaching that principle?

I don't like GTs anyway, so irrelevant to my voting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back