Lets see your winter bikes

Some long forks to keep my toes outa the snow, and some bogtrotter tyres... Sorted!

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 988
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 988
Charlieboy28":51xpnqkb said:
my winter bike just finished

what year are those pilots? i picked up a pair for a couple of quid from car boot t'other weekend and they need a service :) are they ok to DIY?

twain":3erz1i1u said:
Charlieboy28":3erz1i1u said:
my winter bike just finished

what year are those pilots? i picked up a pair for a couple of quid from car boot t'other weekend and they need a service :) are they ok to DIY?

they are 2003-04, they are only the second lot of forks i have serviced, the others being bombers which are easy peasy. took me about 3 hours to do them, but then i did rebuild them back to front at one point.
definitely doable though, reckon i could do em in about an hour now

send me a pm with your email and will send you the pdf

The Mr Hyde is my winter weapon of choice. Bombproof, singlespeed, massive clearances......

Though it does get ridden in the summer too ;)

@twain

loving the simplicity of that generalized there mate
you fitting a back brake ?
s/s work okay off road ?
i did a s/s i-drive a few years ago worked well
did a marin east peak that didn't like it

Ajantom, I've just fallen in love with that Identity! I could see myself building one for next year! well unless you sell me your beast?? :LOL: :LOL:

mikee":fj50vs5d said:
@twain

loving the simplicity of that generalized there mate
you fitting a back brake ?
s/s work okay off road ?
i did a s/s i-drive a few years ago worked well
did a marin east peak that didn't like it

@mikee

back brake: was going to be HS33 - but think i've packed it away up to my folks! :oops: so it'll just be an LX Vbrake
s/s off road okay? not tried it yet! will let you know! still figuring out which set up i want - me thinks a 19 or 20t at back as i have 40t up front

i like those i-drives, if i wasnt an FSR man i think i'd be an i-drive :)

Latest posts

Back