My 1996 Orange C16R

Jussa

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Something quite relaxing and rewarding about a sunny Sunday, some Solvol Autosol, T-Cut, and Elbow Grease. Oh and of course my Orange C16R.

Hope you like the results :)

21" 7.2 Butted Cro-Mo Frame with 9.5 Series Forks. (Great size for myself who is a leggy 6ft something)
Shimano STX RC groupset.
Mavic 221 Rims with NOS ONZA Porcupine tyres
Kore Stem and World Force Riser Bars (Soon to be replaced with some Orange Hot Rods)
New Graphics/Decals from Gil @ The Cycle Shed, fantastic service and great quality graphics.

*WTB Saddle is a temp measure until i find one that suits the bike, if you have anything let me know, many thanks.

This bike is great to ride and handles really well, i now know what all the fuss is about when it comes to Orange's.

Please feel free to leave comments on my C16R.

:)

Attachments

• 5RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    5RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 2,611
  • 4RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    4RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 2,612
  • 3RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    3RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 2,611
  • 2RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    2RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 2,611
More pics :)

Attachments

• 1RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    1RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 2,609
  • 0RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    0RetrobikeC16R.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 2,609
sylus":1fn461rp said:
Looks spot on chap, the right graphics bring it out peachy

Yep she does :) as you can see a few subtle changes, Flat Hot Rod bars are incoming and once I get my saddle sorted she's gonna be right zesty :) got a clear Crud Catcher also for the build :)

I think this is a very late C16R, either late 97 or early 98.

If you look at the 1997 catalogue, the C16R in there had F7 H-section forks. I have a MBR test of August 1997 in which the C16R (presumably later than the one in the catalogue) still had F7 forks (it won, naturally enough). By the time of the 98 catalogue, they had changed the name back to Clockwork, and the Clockwork had the conventional-shaped 7.2 fork like yours. So your bike is an interim model, similar to and leading up to the 98 Clockwork. So I assume it must have a 1 1/8 system, as they finally made that change for 1998?

The serial number will tell us when the frame was built, if it's of interest.

Anthony":2b622za6 said:
I think this is a very late C16R, either late 97 or early 98.

If you look at the 1997 catalogue, the C16R in there had F7 H-section forks. I have a MBR test of August 1997 in which the C16R (presumably later than the one in the catalogue) still had F7 forks (it won, naturally enough). By the time of the 98 catalogue, they had changed the name back to Clockwork, and the Clockwork had the conventional-shaped 7.2 fork like yours. So your bike is an interim model, similar to and leading up to the 98 Clockwork. So I assume it must have a 1 1/8 system, as they finally made that change for 1998?

The serial number will tell us when the frame was built, if it's of interest.

The serial number is A608, which if previous threads on dating an Orange are correct it was made in 1996 on the 8th Month ? Is this correct? any info would be greatly recieved.

It also has a Quill Adaptor fitted so a Ahead stem can be fitted, not sure of exact size, will investigate tonight,

Thanks for the info.

Jussa

Back