1999 Orange Gringo, she's a dirty slapper!!!

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
So after the death of my last years winter hack, my very much loved GT Ricochet Anatomica, and being unable still to buy a new car, I was again in the market for a Aluminium framed bike for the winter.
My only stipulations were, that it had to be pretty and be able to take 100mm travel forks.

Was looking at the usual kona’s and GT and tried a few for size without luck, when I came across an advert on a smelly modern bike forum for an Orange, advertised as a hack bike and apologies made for the fact that it did not have disks.
Now I have never had a hankering for an orange, but asked for some pics anyway.
The guy said he had got it from a friend who was building her up after getting a mint frame , he had then lost interest and sold it to this guy. Story made sense as it was a nice frame and wheels and cranks and the rest of it seemed to have just been chucked on to make it look like a complete bike.
So after a bit of haggling I bought her, and with some of the bits I had from the GT and other bits I had lying around , I built myself this little beauty.

She may not be to everyone’s tastes, as the idea had been to make her so garish and lary she would be unattractive to thieves, but I think she has a certain slutty charm, and in a peroxide bimbo kinda way she is rather beautiful. She is gonna be ridden hard and be very very dirty after all

The only purchase was the winter cable kit for a few shillings thank to marctwotone, and some XTR V Brakes I got for an absolute song. When they arrived I found out why, they had not been used in 12 years and were seized solid, but after many hours work on them, and a complete strip and rebuild they are working fandabbydozy.

So here she is my lovely (IMO) Orange Gringo

Attachments

• gringo 11.jpg
    gringo 11.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 1,557
  • gringo 10.jpg
    gringo 10.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 1,558
  • gringo 9.jpg
    gringo 9.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 1,558
  • gringo 8.jpg
    gringo 8.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 1,558
dirty girl

Attachments

• gringo 7.jpg
    gringo 7.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 1,556
  • gringo 6.jpg
    gringo 6.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,556
  • gringo 5.jpg
    gringo 5.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 1,556
  • gringo 4.jpg
    gringo 4.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 1,556
last few

Attachments

• gringo 3.jpg
    gringo 3.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 1,554
  • gringo 2.jpg
    gringo 2.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 1,554
  • gringo 1.jpg
    gringo 1.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 1,554
I like these.

Wish I would have bought the frame from ebay a couple of months ago now for peanuts

Back