Scottish Cyclocross 2011

I read a fair bit of the little blue book of rules, that is VERY dull :roll:

I've realized I have a perfect SS CX bike, my polka dot hybrid I had at the Drum recon. Chucked on some drops, CX tyres, canti's, its looking not to horrid :LOL:

Currently not feeling keen as for this CX idea, I reckon I'll give Plean a miss as its fast aproaching and I'm not even close to ready.
Might try one of the later ones though ;)

I'm also not going to make it - just not going to be able to bodge a CX-ish bike in time. Kaiser - keep trying though, I'll try and make it along to one of the later rounds this year...

Nae bother chaps, ah kent youse two would shite oot it anyway :p :p

I'll still be there with yir Allez, K.

Much easier to get motivated to go to these things if your no riding in the first place!

Kaiser wrote:
Nae bother chaps, ah kent youse two would shite oot it anyway

Thanks for that K, not the best way to encourage the troops, some will rise to the occasion others will just walk away.............

Chiefy flying the flag and giving it big licks up Plean the day:

dsc5484nef.jpg

dsc5486nef.jpg

dsc5487nef.jpg

dsc5489nef.jpg

Mmm, I love the smell of damp leaves in the morning.

Huge amount of folks into this CXing lark. And a fair few folk giving it a go on mountain bikes too. Mud soup though. I remain unconvinced.

Smashin day today :) reckon I done a wee bit better than last time, more to do with the course being flatter than any improvement on my part. Was indeed a mud fest, in that last pic you can see my trusty stick in my back pocket which I needed to poke the mud oot. Mud was so bad my chain skipped and ripped the rear derraileur off and wrapped itself round the back wheel :eek: still managed to finish by carrying the bike the last 300 yards or so! Need to get it running again for next week at Mugdock!

Oh and cheers for the pics ZZ :D :D If you like racing you'll like it if you don't you ceratinly won't!

Back