Lets see your winter bikes

My winter bike tends to be what ever bike I enjoy riding. The last few years have seen.

KHS Alite team. I sold the frame from this earlier in the year and deeply regret it!

P1000370.jpg

My 1st RC100 stripped of its usual slicks and handed a set of knobblies for winter commute service.
P1010959.jpg

A Klein adept, this only lasted a short period over the winter so I guess you could say it was my only purpose built winter rider.
P1010802.jpg

And this winter as per last winter I shall be served by the bike I have ridden most throughout the year. My lovely RC300.
P1000527.jpg

Bring on the winter... I am ready!

Don't have a winter specific bike - just a few bikes I can use depending what I want to do that particular day.

Would likely as not end up being one of these most of the time.

Focus cross bike
Focus cross bike with flat bar, semislicks, mudguards, 1X8 and dynamo front hub.
Banani track bike
Look MI-80
Specialized Stumpjumper

My winter bikes are the same as my summer ones.

But I clean them after a ride instead of leaving them muddy.

coomber":2fmawadr said:
If that S Works is a winter hack I'd hate to see what the summer fair weather rider is! :shock:

HAHA, yeah maybe the sworks is a little OTT, i got very carried away when speaking with the LBS ordering the parts... everything seemed on sale., and was rude not to take them.. The forks was the best bit, got them reduced from 750.00 to 350,00.

My summer bike is a Trek 9.9SSL Top fuel, pics below.. its a great bike, very fast, climbs extremly well and decends like its going vertical!.

123.jpg

had a full susser for last winters snowy treks. proved pretty handy, so threw another one together for this year :)
single speed conversion due plus i want better knobblies strapped to the rims :)
BrightonandHove-20111015-00104.jpg

BrightonandHove-20111015-00108.jpg

fog horn essential in blizzard conditions.

BrightonandHove-20111015-00106.jpg

I'll probably dig this out and give her some miles this winter, she's not bad for less than £40.

DSC00071_edit0.jpg

Back