Goldtec hubs (with oil port)

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I have some Goldtec hubs in a grey/silver colouring.
I think they are marketed as road hubs (well just two bearing in the rear tells me that)
Now I assume they are early/mid 00's as they are not on BeTD website and not the multipart of old but a solid alu shell.
Also no service details or anything on BeTD, they are 'Made in Wales' though.

Anyone know what they are called, would post pics but not got any.

Anyways, if you happen to know what they are and know how to service the freehub body
- axle and bearings are out. it has some prong looking attachment, forget the number, bit like an XTR/Middleburn chainset lock ring thing maybe, but a quick tappity tap with a screwdriver/hammer isn't moving it. There are other part that maybe holding it in as well.

So while I will be searching later, thought I'd ask now.

It there any way it will lever off :? usually find its regular tools to service hubs.

dyna-ti":1kcpagbj said:
It there any way it will lever off :? usually find its regular tools to service hubs.
Not tried too hard yet, but normally if they do that is slides of with the bearings.

Anyone know Goldtec website address of old, when they where Welsh ? not part of BeTD ?

They're SAM hubs and need a special "castle" tool to remove the freehub - I think you need to pop the green rubber seal to access it. I got mine in '98 I think.
They were well designed but my bearings were not a good interference fit and, in the middle of a Bontrager 24/12, they came adrift for the final time.
If you're in the Wakefield area you can have my old (and fally-apart) hub and the tool.

i got one of these from lewis (dave)
never needed to do owt to it yet thankfully
yours have the freehub that looks badly machined ?

Castle tool is the one then as I can see that.

Yes, I would call it crafted with a sharp knife style of freehub body. Doesn't look like shimano (thought it may have been campy in the pics I had when buying) turn out it fit's Shimano though.

Nice to see 'wales' etched onto them though.

Wakefield, might have a plan there. But off for a ride (well breakfast with Chrisv40 first)

Hub and tool have just been collected from me.
I've included the instruction sheet too.
The hub's so well sealed, you might get away with bonding the bearing in place in my old hub and so gain another working unit. Just a thought.

Well got the tool of slmracing last weekend (can't believe it's that long since we both went to the same ride)

Fixed the hub up, ratchets lovely and no freehub wobble.
'sept mine 130mm, only notice as the freehub body seem squished compared to the spare.
So at some point it'll grind the bit needed to get the freehub and snapped bearing/screw bit of and switch shells/axles and rebuild the wheel up.

But they'll go on one of the bikes nicely (they are laces 3x/radial back and radial front with some odd butted Sapims spoke. Some are double butted and some seem single-double butted.

Manual scanned in also, to pop up with my other session fof uplaoding.

thanks very much

wonder why that never picked up in my searches

Mine will be the Speedline then as they are 130OLN, the 135 MTB one is the same colour though silver.
The only differences between the road and MTB are the
MTB has a extra rotary seal on the none drive side (road doesn't have one)
the OLN and increase distance between the flanges
the axle is a bit beefier in the middle.
Not sure mine is slotted spoke holes though.
Bearing have exact same stampings on them

Back