Nightride: 21st of October

I was swithering about this but knee being still a bit unstable and my general apathy to night riding makes this a no for me- will miss the company as it looks like it will be a bumper of a turn out so have fun lads and take it easy :D ( I would say take plenty of pictures......) :LOL:

I do intend to take a trundle out on the anno of repack, albeit on my local trails at a nice sedate pace.

My mid 80's mtb is ready to roll, just need to fit the lights.

Tested it out on my local trails and even rode down 'Mind Feck Hill' :shock:

The hill in question is a narrow path off the top of an old bing that once you commit to you cant bale. Looks doable from the bottom looking up, looks proper scary from the top looking down. Not helped by the fact the bottom bisects a trail popular with horses for galloping up or down :shock:

So I'm thinking this bike should handle GT in the dark ok....ish :LOL:

The chef from work will meet us at the upper carpark, says he's not fit enough for the first climb, my kind of biker :D

So to recap, is it 6:30pm at Squirrel and 7:30pm at Eagles Nest ?

Been thinking about this but wont be able to make it, work is realy busy at the moment (hence my absence on here), could have maybe knocked off early but i'm usually knackered by Friday so probably wont be able to face it TBH.

Looking forward to the write up of the carnage though :)

OP edited to show details :D

Jimi you need to get that work/life balance back in check! Can you no pop by in a lorry?

kaiser":1rjq071y said:
OP edited to show details :D

Jimi you need to get that work/life balance back in check! Can you no pop by in a lorry?

Not much i can do about it, when it's busy you do the hours (or walk out the gate :roll: ), the haulage industry sucks sometimes, even with WTD you can still legaly do 71 hours Monday to Friday.

Should'nt complain though, job is secure and pays well.

I might be arriving at the later time, apparently the road works before the bridge are a bitch and the bridge goes down to one lane on fridays - I guess at rush hour it will be even worse.

Back