1992 Orange Aluminium O. Finished again! Which tyres???

FYI - the headtube on a 17" O is 110mm - the headtube on my 19" O is 120mm
The 17" looks to be a different (later) version to my 19".
The 19" is A108 has rivetted cablestops - the 17" A112 and has welded stops more to the top of the tube

Carge":69mw1ke8 said:
FYI - the headtube on a 17" O is 110mm - the headtube on my 19" O is 120mm
The 17" looks to be a different (later) version to my 19".
The 19" is A108 has rivetted cablestops - the 17" A112 and has welded stops more to the top of the tube

yes the A108 is third batch (replaceable dropout)
A112 is 4th batch, (replaceable drop out) these frames are much like the Elite setup but without the posh tubing.

Both feature shorter seatstays than the 1st two batches.

Boy'o'boy gve most this information and I guess i'll add it to the wiki as I come back across it. or infact anyone can add to it ;)

Out of interest - where is the Wiki?
And the dropout is only replacable if you can find a new one :(

Carge":2wwrsng6 said:
Out of interest - where is the Wiki?
And the dropout is only replacable if you can find a new one :(

Look up, right there at the top where the Gallery&Archive and AuctionWatch links live, you know the blue RetroBike title banner part. ;)

I found one for mine thanks to help on here. Many Marins used it and other A-Pro built frames, quite late into the 90's possibly early 00's. luckily for me I search ebay on that info and somebody happened to be selling one from a Marin Rift Zone (of some swing arm suspension thing.)
or I think you can buy new, but there some silly £20/£25 price.

May have resolved fork problem. I have bought some pace rc35 forks but the have 1 1/8 steerer so either have to get new steerer or 1 1/8 headset. Best wait until they arrive then make a decision. Not had pace forks before so not sure what the options are other than it may be easier to resolve than the Manitou's. So Manitou's and my rigid forks (I think they off a 17" alu o) may be up for sale soon.

Couldn't help myself, had to have a little mock-up.....

b0ee13c7.jpg

Don't suppose you'd like to see what some orange WildGrippers look like on there would you?
:)

Back