The GT STS Thread Members Bikes and Tech Info

Can you STS lovers help me out. I have recently got myself a STS 97, and looking at picture the front of the frame looks brushed alum, but mine is black, this that normal?

TimHildreth":39glarq2 said:
Can you STS lovers help me out. I have recently got myself a STS 97, and looking at picture the front of the frame looks brushed alum, but mine is black, this that normal?

Yes. Later models had a carbon headtube with reinforced insides.
Not sure exactly when they switched from ally to not ally headtubes but it's normal. :cool:

I have what appears to be a a NOS STS-1000 DS (decals have been rubbed off due to bad storage) available to me if I want it. The problem is, the shock is in a basket with some other shocks, and the trunnion mount reversible travel chips ("D" in diagram below) have gone into hiding. I heard they're no longer available. Does anyone have spares? Could someone perhaps measure the length, width, and most importantly thickness of theirs so I could duplicate a set if I can't find any?

21746e2c.jpg

DSCN8866_resize.jpg

Got what I think is a ~97ish (non-disc rear, but later carbon wrap front triangle) STS-DS here, thinking about a retro DH style build...will it be 'wrong' in handling terms with a 6" Boxxer? How far different to the DH are they in geometry?

FMJ":3bbun8dh said:
...Does anyone have spares? Could someone perhaps measure the length, width, and most importantly thickness of theirs so I could duplicate a set if I can't find any?

There are a couple of pairs of Trunnion travel chips on eBay (UK) mis-labelled as RTS spares:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GT-RTS-rear-s ... 2567aa52c4

Forward position for 4", reversed for 6" travel. Or something like that!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
shogun":3lcer0wv said:
Got what I think is a ~97ish (non-disc rear, but later carbon wrap front triangle) STS-DS here, thinking about a retro DH style build...will it be 'wrong' in handling terms with a 6" Boxxer? How far different to the DH are they in geometry?

Update...
-Non disc rear
-X-cnc'd chainstay yoke
-Carbon wrap front
-silver derailleur stub

Am I right in guessing its an early DS which has had the front triangle warrantied?

My STS at the moment, did have orange Z1's on, but dont like them, what forks should i put on it? need to have disc mounts, Looking to ride more cross country that downhill.

Any suggestions?

i have tried Judy SL, but no disc mount on

IMG_0769-1.jpg
:( :( :( :( :?

Back