BoTM October 2011 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rocky Mountain TiBOLT

ronmen":3np2y7xy said:
ronmen-RMTiBOLT2.JPG

TiBolt.jpg
[/img]

Where was this bike for the Canada Only BOTM??

Freaking phenomenal selection of bikes.....gonna be tough!

I'd like to present this mid-month entry, my 1991 Santana Moda in all it's fillet-brazed glory. Santana is a US-based Tandem company that made a small number of single MTB's in the late 80's and early 90's. This one was hanging on the wall at a Santana dealer for the last 15 years until I bought it, it's pretty much NOS. The parts are lightly used for the most part, it's a rider. It's currently a mix of XTR M900 (seatpost, headset, crankset, derailleurs) with XT 732 shifters, XT pedals, Avid Ultimate levers/Tri-Align brakes, Hugi Germany hubs (the sound!), McMahon Titanium bars and stem, and an S-Works Ti BB.

IMG_0863.jpg

The color changes quite a bit with the light, from blue to purple/lavendar. My favorite part of the bike is the seat cluster.

IMG_0868.jpg

Columbus Nivacrom MAX tubing is drawn ovalized, then twisted during the process to align the longest part of the oval cross section with the areas of the frame that experience the most stress. It's incredibly thin-walled, but stronger than traditional chromoly. I've been having a blast riding it and plan on doing so forever.

Enjoy!

makster":3ddvq75q said:
^ Nice bike! Pushing the 2 photo rule there though I'd say :LOL:

Yeah.... :oops: :!: Fixed it. I posted the bike up on a whim at 2 AM and didn't figure that out-alcohol may have been involved. Thanks!

shogun700":2zd5rern said:
Freaking phenomenal selection of bikes.....gonna be tough!

I'd like to present this mid-month entry, my 1991 Santana Moda in all it's fillet-brazed glory. Santana is a US-based Tandem company that made a small number of single MTB's in the late 80's and early 90's. This one was hanging on the wall at a Santana dealer for the last 15 years until I bought it, it's pretty much NOS. The parts are lightly used for the most part, it's a rider. It's currently a mix of XTR M900 (seatpost, headset, crankset, derailleurs) with XT 732 shifters, XT pedals, Avid Ultimate levers/Tri-Align brakes, Hugi Germany hubs (the sound!) and a S-Works Ti BB.

IMG_0863.jpg

The color changes quite a bit with the light, from blue to purple/lavendar. My favorite part of the bike is the seat cluster.
IMG_0868.jpg

Columbus Nivacrom MAX tubing is drawn ovalized, then twisted during the process to align the longest part of the oval cross section with the areas of the frame that experience the most stress. It's incredibly thin-walled, but stronger than traditional chromoly. I've been having a blast riding it and plan on doing so forever.

Enjoy!

Wow, you might have just got my vote. Did you see this http://forums.mtbr.com/vintage-retro-cl ... 11889.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back