2000 Orange AirO

Did you just cut the brake bosses, file and paint over?

My saracen zen has some, but once you take the brake bosses out, put blanking bolts on you dont notice it at all really, and gives you the option if you sell it on for someone else to run it with rim brakes.

Sub 30lb?

I'd never intend to use v-brakes on it and they'd look a bit ugly redundant so I whipped them off. Looks cleaner now (and maybe a little less retro). Will fully repaint/powdercoat it at some point, but short on time at the moment.

It's around 32lbs at the moment. Might re-lace the rims in the future which may loose a few grams. Although will no doubt put the weight back on with wider tyres.

All good fun :)

I like it

How are you finding the Clarks Skeletal brakes?

Mine took about 50 miles to bed in properly & im now really impressed with the feel & stopping ability of them

Paid £70 for full set with spare pads which i thought was a bargain

Thanks Adam :)

Just waiting on a new rear disc arriving as the one that's on resembles a pringle. So not too sure on the brakes yet. They look ok though, nicely built. Just bled the rear one which was easy done. Can't complain for the money.

Wish it was my Cossie, but it's Jay's who I got the frame off. He's got some toys!

Fair enough.

Being the owner of Clarke II brakes (one's before skeletal I think) they are excellent once bedded in.

If you deal with their customer service they are a great bunch to deal with in my experience too. And UK based which is nice.

Back