Trek Y-22 Carbon

Very nice, very "stealth" :cool:

I spy the orange in the background, is that a recent aquisition as well?

No mate, that's been in the family many years, used to belong to my brother ;)
d9249834.png

Not too bad, I've heard the reports of bobbing but the shock is set quite stiff and the forks have remote lock out.

Plus as a bonus it's much lighter than the orange :cool:

You could be right about it being '97. It's still a 'first generation' rear with the square tubes and no 22mm Hayes disk mount, but from looking at the '96 and '97 catalogue it looks like they changed the shape of the pivot brace to beef it up a bit.
I also noticed the head-tube badge has the '97+ logo style too.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    49 KB · Views: 2,078
I forgot to mention... nice bike BTW!

Have you had any issues with the wheels? I have a pair of these, but in the road version, and I've been breaking lots of spokes on the rear dive side. Love the look of them though.

Thanks for the info :D

Not had any issues with the spokes as yet, only had the bike a month or so though.

Was toying with the idea of getting some Spin 3 spokes but can't justify paying so much for some wheels :shock:

From an engineering point of view Spins are stone-age as the spokes work in compression. The reason bike wheels work so well with such thin, aparently flimsy spokes is because they work in tension which 'uses' the material much more efficiently.

Spinergy Rev-x use 4 (or six in later ones I think) pairs of thin sheet carbon in tension as very wide bladed spokes so make more sense to me... until something breaks then it's not just a cheap fix to replace a spoke or true a rim.

The Spinergy Spox wheels use a flexible carbon spoke... I've always wanted some of those but like you cringe at the cost.

I have a '98 Y-33 frame hanging on the wall waiting for a rebirth some time in the future.... one day!

Back