Clipless??

MikeyC

Dirt Disciple
Hi Guys anyone able to recommend some decent cheapish clipless pedals double sided and or shimano as I have been told they are the best to go for and easiest to use. any help gratefully received!

Micky

The cheap nasty Exustar PM211's.
I have 3 pairs, cost me $36nzd a pair, and under my 130kg weight and 1000's k's and they are still holding up fine with no maintanence.

JamesM":wectk7d4 said:
Shimano M520 SPD's. You can't beat em!!!!

hmm my 520's developed play in the axles after just 3 rides, my 540's however are nigh on indestructible. may have had a dodgy pair though as they were oem

As already mentioned the Shimano M520 is a really good cost/performance spd pedal, I also have the M324 which is a one sided flat/spd pedal that gives you the option of clipless or not.
You can find good used pairs quite easily if you just want to try out clipless, or there are other brands of spd which are basically carbon copies of the Shimano design for less money.

As already mentioned, you can't go wrong with Shimano. Having said that I haven't used them for years. I use Egg beaters.. they might be worth a looks.

Back