Carlton Super Course

bezzer

Retro Newbie
Hi,Hoping someone may read this and be able to help.I'm looking for a Carlton Super Course,these were the raleigh/carlton produced models, circa 1980,in a pearlescent white finish.I had one as a teenager,and stupidly sold it to fund the insurance for my moped when I turned 16,and have regretted it ever since!.Can someone help me re-live my youth,by checking their shed/garage!?,Ideally looking for a 21 or 22 inch frame,but would consider larger,condition unimportant,immaculate or in need of complete restoration,Cash waiting and distance unimportant (providing it's in the U.K.!). Any help much appreciated.

Regards Iain Tel: 07973 759748.

red super course frame

Hi Sisyphus,Thanks for the info,I did see that frame,it's been on for a few weeks now,maybe the price is putting people off?,and it's a raleigh of course not a carlton,I know they are probably exactly the same under the paint,but I really wanted to own the same bike I had as a younger man,which was the carlton super course,a lovely pearlescent white colour!.

Best regards Iain.

yes I thought it was a long shot. I guess if you keep your eye on the auctions one will show up - hopefully. i will keep my eye out too.

super course

st helens sands":h339xeym said:
my dad has that very same bike it seems in quite good condition with drilled crank and suntour mechs. What is it worth

Hi St Helens sands,I have pm'd you mate.

Theres another carlton supercourse on ebay - but it would need some work to get it looking a bit more trad?

Ebay supercourse

Hi Sisyphus,Yes mate!,just noticed that one this afternoon.shame it's now a fixie (in my opinion),may not be too much of a job to return to standard,and only down the road from me too, maybe worth keeping an eye on!.Thanks again for the info.

Best regards Iain.

I have one

It's in pretty good condition and all original, I think.

Photo attached.. I have more

Attachments

• Carlton-1.png
    Carlton-1.png
    33 KB · Views: 3,319
Hi,
Ithink this is a Super Course at home in pearlescent pale blue.Decal says tour de france win 1980 wd1002219 frame number crome rear ends and front drop outs vitus.Needs a new paint job but would be a very nice project size 57cms C-T

Back