Lets see your winter bikes

trxrincon

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Hey, I'd like to see what you folks ride during winter time?

Heres my old GT timberline.

Timberlinefinright.jpg

cheers Rob :cool: :cool:

just dug this out during the week
squeeky b/b or crank , will investigate this afternoon
P1010142.jpg

my winter bike is an orange evo 2 (i think) i got it from here after the frame had had it's v brake bosses removed then was powder coated so i don't know for sure which model it was, although i believe it is a 1999 model.

the forks are rc31's and the groupset is 9 speed xt, but with hope mini brakes and race face evolce xc finishing kit. nearly all the parts were used so it didn't cost a lot to build but i wanted something rigid but with discs for the winter, it has served 2 winters for now and it has turned out to be a really nice bike. also it saves me ruining suspension parts over the winter.

this pic shows it with the crud guards it usually wears for the winter although it shows it with the old wheels, although they look pretty similar, originally i had my old race wheels in it which were goldtec/dt/mavic but now it has xt on mavic.

Attachments

• evo weapon.jpg
    evo weapon.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 1,447
After buying my Trek and trying to ride it through the mud, I had to get a winter hack.

I bought the frame and then started purchasing components to build it.. took a couple of weeks and it proved awsome last winter, and hoping it doesnt let me down again!

newbikepic094.jpg

newbikepic066.jpg

If that S Works is a winter hack I'd hate to see what the summer fair weather rider is! :shock:

P1010253.jpg

sort of as it looks this year tho its got rolf wheels on it now and kcnc levers

Back