Gold Trader
PoTM Winner
Kona Fan
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Received this little beastie from big.eck yesterday

116kprd.jpg

Built up from remants from previous projects the main features include 739 (?) xt crank, cane creek headset, tioga front end, bomber fork.

sadly wheels are a miss match. the rear is a mavic crossland but i need to front to go on my specialized as it is the only disc front i have. Because of that the specialized front is on here. decent wheel though.

thoughts and comments appreciated.

dave

edit, chain tensioner to follow!

Pleased you approve.

No progress to show but plans are afoot.

Chain tensioner is on order, I need to match up the tyres, remove the rear disc off the wheel, fit a longer stem, fancy cranks and possibly paint the fork orange. Or black.

i was going to put a set of orange z1's and a orange roox stem on it but it was a bit much :oops: i also had my orange starbike hydro v-brakes on it for a while :LOL:

i do miss the bike :cool:

to be honest i have not had chance for a propper ride yet.

i have had a few rides with my dog and it seems fine. doesnt seem to bob at all unless you pedal in a really exagerrated way

Love it.

lewis1641":3k5by00b said:
to be honest i have not had chance for a propper ride yet.

i have had a few rides with my dog and it seems fine. doesnt seem to bob at all unless you pedal in a really exagerrated way

I have only had an hour on mine and also liked the lack of unwanted bob. Did you notice the odd scissor thing they do when you apply the front brake? a little disconcerting at first but it gives the bike a definite character, it arches it's back a bit like a beast that would rather break into a gallop than stop.

On another note, when I was tossing up pulling the trigger on mine I read this old review from 98

http://www.dirtragmag.com/reviews/klein-mantra-race

It suggests that the bikes are great as long as you keep your arse in the saddle.. which makes me curious as to how you'll get along with it in SS mode.

Groovy bikes these :D

Latest posts

Back