PACE rip off!

gaf16

Senior Retro Guru
after weeks of searching for a threaded 1 1/8" steerer for my Pace RC36 Proclass forks, i decided to bite the bullet and get on from Pace.

the robbing gits charged me £29 including postage.

I tried to haggle but, they were having none of it!

anyway, rant over.

i must admit, i feel a bit better for getting it off my chest ;)

true i had to pay the same for an 1 1/4" steerer tube i would have thought yours would have been cheaper as 1 1/8" is still the norm

ok, it arrived today and, to add insult to injury, it is clearly a used steerer.

i won't be buying another from them if i can help it. :cry:

its not just pace a friend at work snapped his orange mr xc frame ok!!! no prob,s life time warranty?? replaced the frame after 6 wks with an repainted mr xc frame. he wouldn,t have noticed it was a second hand frame if it wasnt for me poking about 8 wks later they swopped it for a sub 5

Is £29 really that bad? A new steerer from any manufacturer will cost you that much, and usually you have to send your forks off to get it fitted as well.
I agree that if its second hand then thats another matter but a threaded steerer has probably been in storage for a long while.
Oh well, Pace sorted me out pretty good when I sent my fork in for bushing replacement.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Pimpmaster Jazz":1to8lsk9 said:
£29 sounds fair to me...

wanted to get one for my RC35 from the German distributor two years ago and they asked something like £60!! so i got a damaged steel fork from the LBS for free, cut off the steerer and machined a groove into the lower end for the snap ring. worked well :)

Carsten

Back