Sat 22nd Oct Repack Anniversary Ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisv40":1f25pp3t said:
Rob if you haven't sorted any straddle hangers before the 22nd remind me and I will bring some black ones with me that you can have, will have plenty of tinkering time to get your bike up and running I'm sure ;)

Thanks very much - it's the cables I need. I'm paid on the 20th so it should be just in time to get what I need. Sales of my bolts are starting so should be ok.

Anyone else coming?

I take it we cannot promote this outside the area section due to it's proximity to the National Series ride down south? Bit of a shame considering this ride has been on the cards since last november. :roll:

Dr S":tfeknlqu said:
Anyone else coming?

I take it we cannot promote this outside the area section due to it's proximity to the National Series ride down south? Bit of a shame considering this ride has been on the cards since last november. :roll:

Ive not asked but I would think it would be a valid reason (even tho its been in our diary since last year) for not being able to promote the ride outside of our area.
To be honest I'm quite happy about the numbers I think around 10 people is a good number and easily managed ;)

Just pm'd Longy to see if he was aware of this ride and I might be able to tempt mr old skool along.

I can bring along any of the stuff I have for sale (see link in sig) to the ride if anyone wants it. VERY favourable prices if you're on the ride - but must all be paid for by PayPal please.

Looking forward to it!!

Any chance of a OS grid ref, converted postcode to GR with Streetmap and it shows a couple of buildings called Broomflat thats not on Carlton Bank (yes I've not been before so local knowledge of the cafe is lacking), give me an 6/8 or 10 figure OS ref and I'll find it .
gotta fix puncture too as I took bike into work to air up tyres and the back one was squashed at the bottom again after 10 mins.
Still looking for all my 20yr old lycra gear to see if it fits !
:shock:

repak

use this map. already on your meet point.

very easy from A19. take 172 towards teeside and you take a right for carlton in cleveland(from the south) later on. it is signposted with other villages. follow in and after half mile or so the road bears right, you need to go straight on! over a cattle grid then up and up! a sharp left then shortly after the cafe comes up on you quick on you left hand side. not blatantly advertised but its the only left turn in the vacinity. i think 'viking' something or another is on one sign on the entrance. well thats it! after turning in bear right down a little tarmac track to lower carpark and relax, you are there. ;) the cafe should be open if you are desperate after the drive up for a drink.

http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=54 ... 17&vpsrc=6

Matthews":2eisc0zw said:
Any chance of a OS grid ref, converted postcode to GR with Streetmap and it shows a couple of buildings called Broomflat thats not on Carlton Bank (yes I've not been before so local knowledge of the cafe is lacking), give me an 6/8 or 10 figure OS ref and I'll find it .
gotta fix puncture too as I took bike into work to air up tyres and the back one was squashed at the bottom again after 10 mins.

Sorry about that Matthew, Ive just changed the post code :oops:
Heres the right one TS9 7JH and don't forget to check the elastic properly on your lycra as we don't want to scare any animals or children ;) :LOL:

Ps thanks Marc :D

What kinda cafe is it? tea and scones or full english type? I usually stop for breakfast on the A19 but if I can get one at the start thats even better.

kaya":3b9cxji4 said:
Matthews":3b9cxji4 said:

Sorry about that Matthew, Ive just changed the post code :oops:
Heres the right one TS9 7JH and don't forget to check the elastic properly on your lycra as we don't want to scare any animals or children ;) :LOL:

Ps thanks Marc :D

Wifes doing a bit of sewing in the top of the leggings (elastic), amazingly I can still get into them, Carratti shorts are dead I'm afraid , 15 years of wearing them under a wetsuit in salt water has taken it's toll (brilliant for jetskiing) :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back