MOTOR CHAT

Guys and TK :LOL:
Who was it that was telling horror stories about the VW Touran?
About get rid of it before 60,000??????

That looks plush mark, you can wipe the mud off very easily given the cream leather seats, just slap the bikes in the back seats :LOL:

clockworkgazz":2ymx5m1n said:
That looks plush mark, you can wipe the mud off very easily given the cream leather seats, just slap the bikes in the back seats :LOL:

The boot must be big enough to put them there - just pull the front wheel?

I was telling the horror stories Rob, Mikee was told me to get rid before 60,000 - the horror stories started at 65,000

Bullpup":1fiilcr0 said:
clockworkgazz":1fiilcr0 said:

The boot must be big enough to put them there - just pull the front wheel?

rob tells me you can get 4 bodies in the boot of a 5 series
must be 5 in a 7 series then

I have two cars in the workshop today.

Car 1. 1988 BMW 735i. 42,000miles

Car2. 1988 Bentley Arnage Red Label Turbo R. 43,000miles

Both have full service history, both are rust free and immaculate, both lovingly cared for and driven carefully. One car probably cost four times as much as the other.

So here is a question.

Which one drives like a brand new car, has a lovely solid clunk when you shut the door, starts first click, rides silently over rough roads and has a creamy smooth engine and seamless gear shifting, and which one is falling apart, takes an age to start, crashes over pot holes and generally drives like a trolley jack with a missing wheel?

Go on, have a guess. I'll give you a clue- the nicer car was built in a country that didn't win a war in the 20th century.

Now Dr S, thats hardly fair, the UK just happened to be on the winning side. We have japan to thank for encouraging a certain country to help us out ;)

Re-read the post.... I didn't say we won a war, rather that Germany didn't win a war

Anyway thats beside the point. The point is that a 23 year old BMW is far better than a 23 year old Bentley. The Beemer is so well made that it still feels like a brand new car even after a quarter of a century. The Bentley is a old shed which someone has managed to fit an old leather chesterfield inside in comparison.

I'm off to find someone who says 'Buy British' so i can poke them in the eye.

Si

EDIT: National pride is restored. I've just discovered that the BMW has a blown bulb on one of the interior lights. :LOL:

Back