Rocky Mountain Cirrus

I hope my frame turns out just as nice :cool: - just need to put the hours and elbow grease in :cry:

My seat post is a 27.0 funily enough, but I will keep my eyes open for a 30.4.

The decals look super - I also need to raise an order with Gil.

Mossy":3iraf53u said:
My seat post is a 27.0 funily enough, but I will keep my eyes open for a 30.4.

30.4 is a horrible dimension... I've been looking on the net since the beginning of my build, but there was not a single one that came by... at least not a Syncros....

Here is a picture of how the bike is now
I'm not building it completely period correct (not all 1991 or 1992 stuff on it), but would like to go with a Syncros post and stem...

Attachments

• Rocky Mountain Cirrus with XT-wheels.JPG
    Rocky Mountain Cirrus with XT-wheels.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 2,797
hi
have a look at your LBS for a seatpost shim. might find one available to shim to 27.2. that would make life easier. i've done it on several of mine with `oddball' size posts.
roy

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
mvd1974":2gmovmdr said:
I was thinking that way to....

An other cheap option for now is this:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VOTEC-ALU-Sa...ort_Radsport_Fahrradteile&hash=item43a8a3a9ef

...not exactly 30.4, but close enough I think... and it look littlebit like a first gen Syncros... if you have imagination little above average... isn't it ?

Not close enough, USE etc make 30.4 shims as I've been looking.

I say not close enough as it'll slide unless you shim or over tighten (which is not something I'd want to do with an old Alu frame)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Rocky

Where did you get your stickers made ? I need some for a stratos I have comming,looks great all polished :D

Re: Rocky

matthew71":eo3saaz7 said:
Where did you get your stickers made ? I need some for a stratos I have comming,looks great all polished :D

...ask Gil... search the forum for Gil_M... he's the sticker master on RB..

Back