rBoTM October - Submit your Winner!

It's all for the extra weight loss,to go with the cutout head lugs:)
(seriously though,lovely bike,although i'm wishing i'd cleaned the gazelle properly before entering it;)

Citoyen du monde":10lp2hsq said:
How do you ride the Somec without pedals? Don't you worry about water and other stuff getting into teh frame through the bottle cage mounts without screws?

Apart from these pet peeves of mine, a beautiful bike, just like virtually all the others this month.

1984 Raleigh Corsa - Owned from new.

Thought I'd enter this, bought new in 1984, Lightweight Unit Raleigh Corsa in Oyster (white pearl). Totally original (unrestored) except for the Shimano 600 groupset fitted in early 1985 (before I took delivery of my SBDU).

Cinelli 1a stem, Cinelli Giro d'Italia handlebar, Benotto ribbon and chrome Cinelli end plugs. Binda straps and Cinelli buttons on the pedals. Red suede - very faded - Rolls saddle.

Weinmann rims, Sedis silver chain, built BITD by Steve Smith, Tour de France mechanic.

Nothing on this bike is later than 1985 - the spokes will be new soon as the wheels are being rebuilt!

I'll enter the SBDU next if get positive feedback on this.

Roaking

Attachments

• CorsaTwo.JPG
    CorsaTwo.JPG
    273.3 KB · Views: 8,069
Re: 1984 Raleigh Corsa - Owned from new.

roadking":3ccu0n67 said:
Thought I'd enter this, bought new in 1984, Lightweight Unit Raleigh Corsa in Oyster (white pearl). Totally original (unrestored) except for the Shimano 600 groupset fitted in early 1985 (before I took delivery of my SBDU).

Cinelli 1a stem, Cinelli Giro d'Italia handlebar, Benotto ribbon and chrome Cinelli end plugs. Binda straps and Cinelli buttons on the pedals. Red suede - very faded - Rolls saddle.

Weinmann rims, Sedis silver chain, built BITD by Steve Smith, Tour de France mechanic.

Nothing on this bike is later than 1985 - the spokes will be new soon as the wheels are being rebuilt!

I'll enter the SBDU next if get positive feedback on this.

Roaking

You should indeed be proud of this bike. It is highly indicative of its time period, a period in which the whole market was undergoing major changes.

RE: 1981 ALAN Super Record

Thought I'd try my chances this month... Some pics of my ALAN SR, Campy SR groupset, Delta's, Wolber profile 18 rims, Rolls saddle, Cinelli bars/stem. Enjoy!.

RE: 1981 ALAN Super Record

Thought I'd try my chances this month... Some pics of my ALAN SR, Campy SR groupset, Delta's, Wolber profile 18 rims, Rolls saddle, Cinelli bars/stem. Enjoy!.

Back