Abu Dhabi this...

makster

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
I picked up this frame as a result of a chance meeting with an ex. I had bought the bike for her years ago and forgotten all about it.
She was moving and needed to shift it from her bike shed.
It was in a very sorry state....

CIMG1449.jpg

I removed what was scrap....and was just left with the frame!! It cleaned up a treat though....

CIMG1458.jpg

I had originally planned to build this up as a winter hack, but an extremely generous gesture from a friend of mine who lives in Abu Dhabi made me re-think things.
I've been looking after his Technics turntables and Denon mixer for a while now. He bought himself a complete new set up this month and told me to keep his old stuff! There is easy £700 of equipment there but he wont take a penny for it.
I decided instead to build him a bike. He's been talking about buying a hybrid to use while he's in Abu Dhabi so I set about building this frame up as exactly that.
We've been mates since school and he loves my retro bikes, so I went for a proper mix of parts!
I sourced some Kinesis forks, a new headset and some rather nice Mavic Cross Lands from ebay. I'm also waiting on an M952 XTR rear mech and a new Race Face chainset and bottom bracket.
I already had a set of minty XT thumbies, the X-lite L168 stem (still not sure on this though :? ), the Easton bars, Control Tech bar-ends, a pair of NOS M739 brake levers, a set of BB7 cable disc callipers and a very low mileage M737 8 speed cassette.
This is the progress today....

CIMG1478.jpg

CIMG1477.jpg

CIMG1479.jpg

Still need to find a seat post, but hoping to get this all tied up over the next week or so!

Back