RetroBike National Rides Series: Round 6 Leith Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kitmech - get there early and I think as you approach the car park entrance, there is a smaller parking area on the opposite side of the road with no height restriction. I think a standard van would fit under the main car park barrier but perhaps not a high top. Roof mounted bike racks are certainly too tall. The strike marks on the barrier bear witness to this....

Ted

If we are meeting at the car park I think it is your link is to the wrong place. You have us turning off of Leith Hill Road and taking a track on the left.
Coming from Ockley I believe you need to continue up the hill and the car park is on the right. If you have a tall vehicle there is very limited parking just before the carpark entrance on the left

grd":3c19r98i said:
Ted

If we are meeting at the car park I think it is your link is to the wrong place. You have us turning off of Leith Hill Road and taking a track on the left.
Coming from Ockley I believe you need to continue up the hill and the car park is on the right. If you have a tall vehicle there is very limited parking just before the carpark entrance on the left

Agree - but that is the one linked on the first page (but not the GR quoted in the first post) - I couldn't get gigglemaps to show the point I wanted.

I'll pull the re-posted incorrect link.

I'm there, my first ever retro ride. I need to build up a ride as the only retro ride I have working at the moment is a single speed marin team :oops:

If you read back to my earlier post, I've covered the car park meet point - I know it's six pages long now!

PLEASE READ:
Right, we are recce'ing this ride at the weekend, which I have been asked to put together so, if you have any preferences or concerns as to distance, technicallity or anything else that I asked in my previous post on this thread - which no one replied to PLEASE SAY SO NOW!

Cheers
:D

John":1rpbc8x3 said:
Now looking unlikely given we'd already booked a family holiday for that week. Shame.

Unless anyone can suggest how I might get from Scotland for the day.

Why not come along to the Repack Anniversary bash that MacRetro are hosting at Glentress on the friday evening then guv? Looks like a canny turnout and always a good craic with the Mac Lads.

Si

Missed this (been under a pile of GT and Kona parts :LOL: ) Anyway assuming I get a pass (which the wife should be fine with as it's Sunday and local) I will be there. Can't do pre '90 as I don't own any but will come on my '91 Sorcerer and Baz77 has said he should be able to attend on his immaculate '89 Sorcerer (to give it what must be it's first real ride ever).

Carl.

Woodsman":3tl4mq3f said:
If you read back to my earlier post, I've covered the car park meet point - I know it's six pages long now!

PLEASE READ:
Right, we are recce'ing this ride at the weekend, which I have been asked to put together so, if you have any preferences or concerns as to distance, technicallity or anything else that I asked in my previous post on this thread - which no one replied to PLEASE SAY SO NOW!

Cheers
:D

Just make it worth the monster drive down ;)

I guess that's my hat in the ring too, I just can't miss out on that last sticker... :oops: :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back