1989/90 Orange Clockwork - Now Complete!

Gorgeous. The bike I lusted after more than any other BITD.
That rear mech cable run is mighty tight from top tube to rear stay mind :shock:

makster":3p1n1659 said:
Gorgeous. The bike I lusted after more than any other BITD.
That rear mech cable run is mighty tight from top tube to rear stay mind :shock:

Yep, I need to sort that and the rear mech cable loop looks a bit long so hopefully they'll balance out and my cable will still be long enough! Strange but I've only noticed both of these things whilst looking at the photos.

Tazio":95h4e8o7 said:
If I had one slight reservation it would be the carbon bars.
You're not the first to say that! Ideally I'd fit black Syncros bars or some black Pace RC Sub 130's but finding a decent pair, like M730 crank caps, has proved virtually impossible.
The bars need to be light though as I've only got 60g to play with to keep it below the 26 lbs mark. :cool:

All the joshing about bike weights elsewhere and now the pix above is really making me wish I still had mine... :?

Have to seriously consider whether I want to make the Cindercone my final project after all??

Ace...I want one!

I think the only comment on the build would be the bars...a set of Syncros ones t match the stem or some USE ones would probably be more suitable than the carbon ones.

Neil G":28i0308k said:
I think the only comment on the build would be the bars...a set of Syncros ones t match the stem or some USE ones would probably be more suitable than the carbon ones.

Agreed but finding those black Syncros/USE/Pace RC130 bars has proved a little tricky to say the least. You find them and I'll buy them! :cool:

Back