Home Made Full Suspension Fat Bike!

cynic-al":31i5qgvm said:
orange71":31i5qgvm said:
clogfest :shock:

Let's see you do better...oh dear you're just slagging folk (who are actually doing this stuff) off from behind your keyboard instead! :roll:

Don't get upset :roll: I'm only commenting on the fact that in my view you will have real problems with clearance and mud (and I would question that to your face if I met you). Perhaps I'm wrong.

i wish more people would make there own bikes, id love to give it a shot if i had the time and space, there is a market for fat bikes with front or full suspension thesedays.

the only thing stopping them is that the makers wont move away from day in day out normal bikes.

get it finished them a ride report :cool:

Note to self ***think***

It isn't as if I put a qusation mark after the sentence or anything is it? :roll:

Looks like it will be great fun with a little more fettling. How much clearance does the front tyre have from the Mavericks?

Nick - I've not measured it, 7-8mm? It's on a 50mm rim, I'm told it rubs on anything wider.

orange71":xzvusx9p said:
cynic-al":xzvusx9p said:
orange71":xzvusx9p said:

Let's see you do better...oh dear you're just slagging folk (who are actually doing this stuff) off from behind your keyboard instead! :roll:

Don't get upset :roll: I'm only commenting on the fact that in my view you will have real problems with clearance and mud (and I would question that to your face if I met you). Perhaps I'm wrong.

Well unless you can see round corners on a picture on your screen then you're just guessing? :D

Heaps of clearance it the rear triangle...but tight on the chain, for now...it's gonna get re-worked :cool:

cynic-al":1bu0tize said:
Nick - I've not measured it, 7-8mm? It's on a 50mm rim, I'm told it rubs on anything wider.

orange71":1bu0tize said:
cynic-al":1bu0tize said:
orange71":1bu0tize said:

Well unless you can see round corners on a picture on your screen then you're just guessing? :D

Heaps of clearance it the rear triangle...but tight on the chain, for now...it's gonna get re-worked :cool:

I'm also fully aware of the difficulty one can have judging distances on a two dimensional image (much as orange71 is I'm sure) - however I have to say clearance looks tight on the back. Perhaps you could post a picture to prove us all wrong :D

Nice project anyhow, kudos for your work. Bring on the snow I guess :xmas-cool:

11918628001189254064763zl3.jpg

Clearance within rear triangle:

IMAG0790.jpg by alan cole, on Flickr

Seat tube clearance on full shock compression:

IMAG0791 by alan cole, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back